The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
I just realized - with the amazing powers and abilities of their ubiquitous search engine and all the plugins so eagerly snatched up by web-(designers/developers) that Google will be able to make it turn up on webish things that 'ogle' is the new 'd'.
I certainly understand where you're coming from - and the parentage clearly point in that way. However, at present, Bing hardly makes its way to the second circle of hell. Essentially, it is because no one would notice much or for long if it just went away.
Anything that is unrelated to elephants is irrelephant Anonymous - The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they're genuine Winston Churchill, 1944 - Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. Mark Twain
Careful. YouTube could give you a strike. Three strikes, and you're out!
I use DVDFab to create backups of videos on youporn youtube.
".45 ACP - because shooting twice is just silly" - JSOP, 2010 ----- You can never have too much ammo - unless you're swimming, or on fire. - JSOP, 2010 ----- When you pry the gun from my cold dead hands, be careful - the barrel will be very hot. - JSOP, 2013
It looks like my Yahoo Mail page has changed, with there being a big panel on the right that is empty (I think I have an existing Yahoo Mail adblocker). Yahoo gives me a dialog box asking if I want to add this Wider Mail extension, or pay $3.49 per month. This makes me think that this extension is a sneaky, evil way to somehow spam or spy on me, etc. I have tried searching for information, but the only source I can find is controlled by Yahoo, of course that is not trustworthy.