The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
Sounds like every day for me. I usually work 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., alloting 2 hours for my lunchtime run/workout. That stretch from 6:00 to around 8:30 is as productive as the rest of the entire day. No walk-ins, no phone calls, little e-mail after dealing with the overnight batch, and the coffee is freely flowing.
I work four days a week doing 9 am to 7 pm.
1. Four 10-hour days are much better than five 8-hour days.
2. In am in the US at the moment and they all seem to LOVE coming in at 7 am or 8 am at the latest so they can leave at 3 or 4 pm.
3. It gets very quiet around 3-4 pm so I get 3-4 really productive hours in wonderful peace and quiet!
4. One of my days is a Sunday and so I can take Tuesday & Wednesday off as a mid-week weekend. Sunday is a whole day of peace and quiet - I get about twice as much done on Sunday as on any other day as nobody at all is in for the whole day (usually).
5. I miss most of the traffic rush hours in the morning and evening because of my later hours.
- Life in the fast lane is only fun if you live in a country with no speed limits.
- Of all the things I have lost, it is my mind that I miss the most.
- I vaguely remember having a good memory...
Last Visit: 31-Dec-99 18:00 Last Update: 25-Jul-17 10:10