The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
So after several years of not owning a camera other than what my phone has, I am taking the plunge and buying a new one. I used to be quite an avid (as opposed to good!) photog and had always had some sort of camera on hand from my first proper, grown-up camera (which I think was the Minolta-X-700 [^])
Anyway, I'm now firmly in the Canon camp and am going for the Canon 77D[^] as it suits my pocket and I have my FIL's old Nikon kit to px as he really has no use for it - an old Nikon F5[^] with some mis-matched lenses.
What I'd like to get as well is a 14mm prime for astro work but will have to wait as I'll only just make enough off the px to not make this painful
Curious as to what kit others use; especially for astro work...
What's the first rule of power tools, children?
Yep - disconnect from the mains before changing blades.
Rich didn't - we were cutting up an old sofa bed to fit it in the car and take it to the tip, and while I'm angle grinding away, he changes the blade on his grinder from ceramic to metal and catches the power button. Blood all over the place - but one trip to the local minor injuries unit later and he was seriously lucky. The tool swung round and caught him between two fingers, instead of the blade taking his finger off.
I knew we should have had a Health and Safety briefing before we started...
Bad command or file name. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaaay...
AntiTwitter: @DalekDave is now a follower!
So I found this new (sub-(sub-)(how many subs?)) genre last week called witch house.
A mix of various electronic music styles in slow tempo and lo-fi production.
Artists use weird symbols in their names and song titles (DI†▲ RΣDRUM - Ł0s† i₦ dRΣ▲m§[^] lured me in, but obviously didn't make it to SOTW ).
Anyway, this CHVRN song sounds pretty good, a bit dark
Perfect for those midnight moments sitting on the couch wondering whether you're going to bed or just sit there listening to more of this.