The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
I think it's great. Take video. Take pictures. Publicize the hell out of it, and leave the government out of it. Then maybe the flat Earth conspiracies will go away and we can get back to going on with our lives.
As an aside, at least this dude is actually doing something about it. Gotta give him props for that.
Just walked through the living room and Herself is watching some Reality Police show on the TV.
As I walk through I hear a cop asking "This vehicle has hit 39 ANPR cameras since it failed it's MOT* - were you on your way to a pre-booked MOT test on all of those occasions?"
Made me laugh, anyway. Ah, technology - it's a git if you don't understand it!
* The MOT is a UK annual test of all vehicles roadworthiness - if you don't have one, the vehicle is only allowed on the road while driving directly to or from a prebooked test.
Bad command or file name. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaaay...
AntiTwitter: @DalekDave is now a follower!
Reminds me of a singleton meets the concept of a self-referential thread pool, but then again naming patterns isn't exactly my strong suit. As far as to whether or not to stop using it, personally I'd have at least two classes that worked in tandem... a MyClassContainer (or pool or whatever) and a MyClass. Only for the sake of clarity and no other reason. But then again patterns aren't exactly my strong suit, so if it's an industry standard pattern then I'd be ok with it as is. Kinda curious what some of the peeps will say in reply to this.