The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
Keep up with estimated taxes prepayments.
Every now and then the IRS will check and possibly charge a penalty+interest. After ignoring it for several years I finally got hit once - after that I behaved myself.
On the flip side, your travel and expenses are much more easily deducted from your income. Just as an example, you may not have "Transit Checks" for to pay for public transport with pre-tax dollars but you now can use it as a business expense (usually) and there's no cap as there would be with tranist checks. Equipment purchases and stuff, too. Just don't be a pig about it.
I saw a few memes with this song lately (it's what this song became famous for).
For some reason I remember listening to this back when I was a kid, but I must've confused it with a different song because it was released in 2009
Anyway, it DOES have a nice 90's vibe.
Listening to it once or twice per day and so it's SOTW
It's always fascinated me the various ways you can solve a cryptic clue - in this case what led me to the "herd" part was broadcast ( so I heard something ) and globe had here in it - so I now have here,hear,heard and herd ! mixed with the Welsh factor and a bit of Blue Peter ! I definitely overdid the drugs in the 70s and 80s
We can’t stop here, this is bat country - Hunter S Thompson RIP
Last Visit: 14-Dec-18 6:34 Last Update: 14-Dec-18 6:34