The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
"I controlled my laughter and simple said "No,I am very busy,so I can't write any code for you". The moment they heard this all the smiling face turned into a sad looking face and one of them farted. So I had to leave the place as soon as possible." - Mr.Prakash One Fine Saturday. 24/04/2004
I did it, I started my own guitar shop. (VMA Guitars[^])
(Harder than I thought)
It's very, very small and I'll start out with just a few guitars (and outside my usual job). I'm about to place my first order with Danelectro guitars and I was thinking about the 84 and the 59M (NOS). For the 59M (NOS) I'm still in doubt what color to take.
So what's your favorite and what would be "easiest" to sell? (Colors[^])
I'm talking about my big presentation of course
About 40 people showed up for the food and drinks and found themselves trapped when my presentation started
I talked for about 2 x 45 minutes (more or less perfectly timed) about Azure, DevOps, containers, Functions, and Cosmos DB.
The demos went well, save for a few longer-than-usual loading times in Azure.
People asked questions and I was able to answer them.
And thanks to modern medicine I had no nerves whatsoever (people were even amazed I looked to relaxed ).
People told me they liked it and they learned from it.
And thanks to modern medicine I had no nerves whatsoever (people were even amazed I looked to relaxed )
Then rely on the experience to reduces nerves... not pharma. Dependencies can be damned fast.
On the rest... Congratulations. Glad it all went fine.
If something has a solution... Why do we have to worry about?. If it has no solution... For what reason do we have to worry about?
Help me to understand what I'm saying, and I'll explain it better to you
Rating helpful answers is nice, but saying thanks can be even nicer.