The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
Accidentally screwed up my .NET framework installation on Windows 10. Ran every tool out there to repair it, to no avail. Anything from v4 to v4.7.2 is toast, meaning it is installed, but corrupted somehow. Can't run any installer since every framework version is already installed. Any suggestions aside from reformatting?
1) Go to YouTube to refresh your memory: Monty Python's Flying Circus - World's Funniest Joke - YouTube[^] (4:40 it's first read in German)
2) Go to Google Translate
3) Select "Detect language" and "English"
4) Enter the following: "Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput"
5) Read the translation.
Sent from my Amstrad PC 1640 Never throw anything away, Griff
Bad command or file name. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaaay...
AntiTwitter: @DalekDave is now a follower!
"When you are dead, you won't even know that you are dead. It's a pain only felt by others; same thing when you are stupid."
Ignorant - An individual without knowledge, but is willing to learn. Stupid - An individual without knowledge and is incapable of learning. Idiot - An individual without knowledge and allows social media to do the thinking for them.
We as a company are reliant on several pieces of software that were written in Delphi now the only machine that can update them is hidden under a desk that only a select few know of. At least one of the Gurus who wrote the software has since died, several have left the firm, there is one bit that is crucial that will only run XP Service Pack 2 and nothing higher. A bit of Googling and there is a tool to do it Delphi to C# Conversion - Ispirer has anyone tried it know of another... I trying to avoid problems...
Speaking to the Delphi guru, it uses all sorts of third party interface to make life easier and non-convertible. well it's better than nothing...