The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
I do not want a CAD package where the first thing I see when I click on the icon is screen with about 20% of the area devoted to the drawing you're trying to do and the other 80% devoted to color palettes and hieroglyphic icons that plain and simply don't make sense.
That's what I have encountered in almost every one of these things before.
I just want to draw a picture for a guy so that he can build me two squares put together from one-by-twos, and four holes drilled in the wood slats which protrude slightly above the squares.
I figure that I could draw the thing by hand in two or three hours, if I had a slanted desk and the tools.
I'm guessing that I could finish in 10 or 15 minutes if I had a CAD program that I could understand.
Google, Yahoo, and Bing are great at finding the aforementioned categories of software packages. This may just be the state of the industry and current market (in which case I'll just buy some inexpensive plastic tools, pencils and erasers).
I have observed this community to be (quite refreshingly) different in its composition with respect to extant technical matrix dilemmas; e.g., the folks here (for the current moment, at least) have been consistently useful and helpful.
Has the entire CAD software industry taken the poison pill of feature-creep to the point of non viability ?
Is there a simple to use, simple to learn, freeware CAD program that will easily allow a person to click a little bit and draw a simple wood square with a couple of the pieces of the wood longer than the edges, with a few holes drilled in the wood to allow for some round rods to support things ?
CAD is simple when you understand it. The primary dilemma is who would use software without functionality. You want a shelf, I want a closet, etc. If you are willing to pay there is crapware at office depot that purports to do what you desire. Unf. you have to pay for it.
If you don't want to pay, and you don't want to learn, use a t-Square.
I have used it, and I think it is a good piece of software. And it is free!
I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
Last Visit: 31-Dec-99 18:00 Last Update: 29-May-17 7:25