The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen.
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
This was one of last weeks contenders for SOTW, but didn't make it.
This week it makes a comeback even though I've already finished the series.
I really like this soundtrack and especially the main theme.
Of course it's heard throughout the series and there are a few variations on it.
It's pretty epic, like Hans Zimmer epic.
It even reminds me a bit of Time from Inception.
I can really recommend watching the series as well
Sure settings usually survive updates, but sometimes they don't so you have to waste time putting things back.
yeah, I know that looks like I'm falling into the ms philosophy that users shouldn't be changing things ms has set - the "we know what's best for you."
I still disagree with that, but if it's not hurting too much some even ugly windmills are better left alone, the bulldozers put away, and that energy spent somewhere else more useful.
I too am taking the slow descent into old age -
Just finished an appointment with the audiologist - I now know bad hearing is not an excuse to ignore my wife (and now, so does she )
I have completed visits to the podiatrist, the eyeball doctor (lenses removed, replace with plastic ones), the colonoscopy doctor, the arthritis doctor (got it, mostly hands and knees), and others. Lucky that my insurance pays for all this
My boat just goes around in circles since I only have one oar in the water
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, navigate a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects! - Lazarus Long