The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen.
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
It will only cost USD 6998 without the wall mount. And remember that it should only be cleaned with cloth that comes with it. If you loose it, you can order a new one. They don't mention the price on their site so I don't know. But hey, a pro monitor needs pro cleaner.
That one made me quince, but I'd be lime to you if I said I didn't enjoy it.
"the debugger doesn't tell me anything because this code compiles just fine" - random QA comment
"Facebook is where you tell lies to your friends. Twitter is where you tell the truth to strangers." - chriselst
"I don't drink any more... then again, I don't drink any less." - Mike Mullikins uncle
Sometimes, too options can be a problem. A few days ago, I nedded to take a photo from a bus ticket and the "one hand holded" smartphone insisted in asking for a miriad of options of embellishment and in fixing my priorities. Just this time, I would have preferred an not so smart phone.
As the interface, that´s to say, the languaje you comunnicate whith is changing every other day nowadays. Do you think a button that reduces the "smartness" of your device is necessary?
The real problem is poor app design. In many cases, programmers take an application that runs on a PC and try to cram all of its features into the app that runs on a smartphone. A smartphone has a much smaller screen and limited input methods, resulting in an app that is full-featured, but difficult to use. They would do better by only including the features that you have to have on a smartphone, leaving the rest for the PC.
For example, Microsoft Outlook allows you to set rules that define the folders where e-mails are stored. This functionality exists on the PC version, but not on the smartphone version.
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.
-- 6079 Smith W.
wow, normally I have problems changing 1 word in a text message (trying to get the stupid cursor to the right place with old bent fat fingers - anoying).
but I'm impressed somebody would actually edit a doc on a phone, always thought it was some sort of joke. again I'm too old for that - at least that's my excuse [for anything too hard]:
for me stuff like that has to wait till I get home/actual office and can use a normal keyboard etc.
<< Signature removed due to multiple copyright violations >>