The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen.
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
Well, I make my living using technology.
All my hobbies involve technology (although I guess I could go out for a walk or read a book).
Of course when I finish that book I need technology to buy a new one (which was also created using technology).
The technology I need was created using different technologies.
Technology keeps my food and drinks cold or frozen and it's technology that helps me prepare it.
Winter is coming and even though it's still 20+ C inside the house I do sometimes have the heater on on a cold day which is, you guessed it, more technology.
I could go on for a while, but you get the idea.
It's probably not what you (or Gartner) meant, but I'm going to put both my hands and feet up into the air
We all surrounded with technology...
The question is what you are doing when that technology stops working?
Where is your breaking point?
If a broken phone paralyzes you, you are enslaved...
If you starting to panic when the washing machine flooding the flat, you are only overreacting...
A heating refrigerator will freak out almost anyone...
"The only place where Success comes before Work is in the dictionary." Vidal Sassoon, 1928 - 2012
I have an issue the device I am working on will not work, worked yesterday, install Eset Anti-virus, appears to work, Eset runs all night scan. System wont run today...Eset removed... still won't connect... I am suspicious...this has happened before...