The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
The 30min are interesting.
- Hey Mike, how long shall we let them wait ?
- I guess one hour, depends on the modem speed.
- Sounds about a lot, though.
- Yeah, let's make it 30min, they'll try twice anyway before calling.
I thought the same thing. Perfect example of arbitrary choice of value by dev that makes the user think it has some kind of significance.
Also, waiting 30 minutes doesn't fix it anyways. The immediate fix is to close Outlook and open it again.
Of course, the pop-up doesn't mention that at all. Instead it has the user calling up the admin.
0) Threw out all of the EF6 code not directly associated with they Identity stuff, and replaced it with home-grown ADO code that is faster and smaller, and just as dynamic.
1) Learned that SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery ALWAYS returns -1 when you execute a stored proc. I had to write code to add a ReturnValue parameter, and then modify all of the applicable stored procs to return @@ROWCOUNT in order to intelligently handle the number of affected rows.
2) I'm finally making forward progress again. I have the Register/Login stuff about 90% done. Just two more major items left before making the demo.
3) I'm having issues getting my model and a dropdownlist to talk to each other intelligently. I'm just missing some small piece to that puzzle.
3) I still hate Entity Framework, and all its ilk.
".45 ACP - because shooting twice is just silly" - JSOP, 2010 ----- You can never have too much ammo - unless you're swimming, or on fire. - JSOP, 2010 ----- When you pry the gun from my cold dead hands, be careful - the barrel will be very hot. - JSOP, 2013
Last Visit: 20-Oct-19 16:13 Last Update: 20-Oct-19 16:13