The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen.
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
if in the real world people are filling several dictionaries with millions of items then what they really need is a database.
I've considered calling collect, but i first need to refactor so that it tests each dictionary individually and then collates the results (so the search times for each appear next to each other for example)
i just haven't done it yet, but it's on a long list of todos
what gets me right now, is the variation in performance run to run for that particular class.
sometimes it does great. sometimes it does poorly, under the exact same conditions and it has left me scratching my head, because I don't think the GC can account for all of that.
When I was growin' up, I was the smartest kid I knew. Maybe that was just because I didn't know that many kids. All I know is now I feel the opposite.
Congratulations on revealing your true purpose here: to disrupt.
No, you are not a monster. Monsters exhibit uniqueness, originality: they terrify.
Your spate of drooling on the Lounge is boring, unoriginal: to such spew of personal aggrandizement one can only apply the kaopectate of indifference.
You are just a pathetic, insecure, troll, driven by garden variety narcissism, and pretentiousness. I consider it possible that many elements of your "life story," as trumpeted here, are fabrications, and I would not rule out the possibility of drug use.
On the other hand, who knows, some of your code might be useful, if it was ever finished, if it worked.
«One day it will have to be officially admitted that what we have christened reality is an even greater illusion than the world of dreams.» Salvador Dali
Humble is offering CRYING SUNS DEMO for free. Not sure how much "demo" is going to be though
If something has a solution... Why do we have to worry about?. If it has no solution... For what reason do we have to worry about?
Help me to understand what I'm saying, and I'll explain it better to you
Rating helpful answers is nice, but saying thanks can be even nicer.
Frank Wilhoit: “Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”
We never have had a president* so completely deserving of scorn and yet so small in the office that it almost seems a waste of time and energy to summon the requisite contempt