The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen.
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
So I'm taking this course "Design and Analysis of Algorithm" for my masters class and we were doing proofs for NP-complete problems. At the end of today's lecture my professor goes like "If you don't fall in love with these proofs then you should go and get your brain tested!"
Me: (since it's not my favorite subject)
Professor there's one problem. We love these proofs but they don't love us and you know one sided relationships always hurt.
Perhaps my personal life is affecting my academics in much worse way than I anticipated But at least I made the whole class laugh after a boring lecture (so proud of me)
I'm not sure about this but I believe the reason you don't find something like that is that each of these is a way to deal with managing data from code:
1. (sql to classes / objects ala ORM (object relational model) via Repository pattern
2. and a programming construct (LINQ) to deal with it
"the debugger doesn't tell me anything because this code compiles just fine" - random QA comment
"Facebook is where you tell lies to your friends. Twitter is where you tell the truth to strangers." - chriselst
"I don't drink any more... then again, I don't drink any less." - Mike Mullikins uncle
If ukraine your neck, can you lapland? If the drains get blocked in the Finnish capital, does it smell stinky? If you get emotionally attached to Denmark, is it hard to lego? If there's not much happening in Norway, is it oslo news day?
I got on a bus in Stockholm and started chatting to the Swede next to me. Everyone else started laughing at me. "That's not a Swede", they said, "that's a turnip".
If something has a solution... Why do we have to worry about?. If it has no solution... For what reason do we have to worry about?
Help me to understand what I'm saying, and I'll explain it better to you
Rating helpful answers is nice, but saying thanks can be even nicer.
Last Visit: 20-Nov-19 11:37 Last Update: 20-Nov-19 11:37