The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
It's certainly responsible for some things: damage to antiques for example. And I'd put the blame at least partly on CH for in the increase in asthma and suchlike problems. Since houses are "better sealed" you don't get early-and-continual exposure to pollens and so on, which has to be partly responsible.
On the other hand, you get less fires and carbon monoxide deaths ... and a toasty house in winter.
We don't have CH, never have. No mains gas here, and nowhere to safely put a oil tank or gas bottles, so we are all electric, since we stopped using the fireplace.
Sent from my Amstrad PC 1640 Never throw anything away, Griff
Bad command or file name. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaaay...
AntiTwitter: @DalekDave is now a follower!
Since I've seen cats are getting big topic and we have many experts , I was wondering if anybody has ever tried to reprogram them: since I'm not an archelogist I do not find funny digging in the sand , moreover since I always find only gonna-be coprolites .
So, the question is, did anybody try to teach his pet master how to properly use a real toilette? If yes, did it work?
'Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.'
Talking about cats, I can only give advice about how to hunt them. Cats are evil. Cats are a silent Skynet. Cats would rule the world weren't it that we still can stop them with a good side kick. They know this and it frustrates them even more. Cats are useless, they only sleep, eat and disappear to reappear at the very moment you do not need them. They break things for the mere purpose of breaking them. They show no joy. They do not play once they are more than a couple of weeks old, or only to torture mices endlessly before eating them. They lose their fur everywhere in the house with being ashamed about it. They are useless against intruders.