The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
Maybe also check out Free and trial versions of Anuko products? I've never used it, but it seems to be free, and appears to let you put their code on your servers and use your MySQL DB, so you could set up something else for reporting if you wished. Open sourced, or so it says.
Well, I would recommend writing your own app to do that. I'd do it but then there's the whole issue of knowing how much of that time should be billable. How much was productive or contributed to productivity, etc.
I don't think it gives you the sql part but what you are after (reporting) is included already.
I have been using it for many years. I like it. It is easy to use. But one issue I had (prior version) was something you specifically asked for - the mobile app - it didn't work well on ios. That may have changed/improved.
1. debugging in Visual Studio is pathetic -- it requires this alpha release of their test tool. Really?
2. Instead of hitting the endpoint at localhost:5050, you have to create the JSON that simulates the input as it comes in to the lambda function.
3. When using the alpha test tool (I can see why they call it "alpha") your function handler has to be defined with a JObject parameter. Can't use Stream, even though that works just great otherwise.
4. Apparently it has no clue how to load dependent assemblies. Which means any additional project references fail with an "assembly not found" error.
5. So to do any testing, I end up having to publish the function because that's the only way to "debug" it -- with try-catch handlers and "contract" tests to figure out what's wrong.
I can write a better test tool in a day, what moron do they have working on this. Hmmm. Good 4th of July project. Maybe someone's already done this? Don't want to re-invent the wheel, haha, though many wheels I find are rather flat, broken, and lying in a rut covered in mud.
Microsoft has Amazon beat hands down on this stuff.
And why doesn't the "Normal" view for CP lounge messages stick? It's stuck in "Open All" right now.
why doesn't the "Normal" view for CP lounge messages stick? It's stuck in "Open All" right now.
It's been noticed already: Bugs and Suggestions[^]
I've found a workaround: I can open any forum in "Normal" if I open it from a browser bookmark - but anything you do to it and it snaps back to "Open all". Hopefully Canada will be on office hours shortly and it'll get fixed.
Sent from my Amstrad PC 1640 Never throw anything away, Griff
Bad command or file name. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaaay...
AntiTwitter: @DalekDave is now a follower!
Last Visit: 14-Dec-19 8:06 Last Update: 14-Dec-19 8:06