The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
Since I'm running out of options now so here's the question for y'all....What do you do when you're stressed and tired but just can't sleep for no apparent reason?
I take my medication.
After two days you just tired. After three days you weak. After four days you start hearing things. At day five you'll have visual hallucinations and see things crawling on the wall.
A pound of grapes also works to get you sleepy; a suger-rush makes you hazy. Also helps to have it dark, so I have shutters for the windows. Some white noise helps, like rain. And meds. Medications work, as does alcohol. On day four, everything is allowed. Just sleep
If you not taking meds, warm milk with honey may help inducing the same hazyness. If you fail to sleep regularly, go see a doctor. You risc brain damage if you miss too much sleep
Bastard Programmer from Hell
If you can't read my code, try converting it here[^]
"If you just follow the bacon Eddy, wherever it leads you, then you won't have to think about politics." -- Some Bell.
Guided meditation, Body-Scan, Progressive relaxation... They are audio CDs / MP3 and you might find / buy them in the net.
Go out to the nature, go out with your friends, (if you have) play with your kids, read, disconnect your smart phone, go to gym...
Avoid big / heavy dinners (low carb, high protein), take lettuce / valerian infusions.
If nothing works, go to the doctor and take meds, but I would leave that for the last option.
If something has a solution... Why do we have to worry about?. If it has no solution... For what reason do we have to worry about?
Help me to understand what I'm saying, and I'll explain it better to you
Rating helpful answers is nice, but saying thanks can be even nicer.