The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
I intended the Soapbox - forgot to change screens.
If anyone can move it to where it belongs it would be nice.
AND, come to think of it - would that not be a decent capability for a user for their own posts (or is it already there and I don't know about it).
And all those taxes don't even give you free healthcare or education
I guess those are the perks of having a president who cares more about his ego than his people.
At least he runs the country like his businesses, into the ground with no one on his mind but himself.
So anyway, this is kind of Soapbox material so I'll leave it at that.
These happen once in a while - do you agree that the OP should be able to fix their own post's location (even if limited to Lounge->Soapbox) ? I put in bugs and suggestion - there could be good reasons it's not available even with the limited scope.
I could delete the thread but it's remained pretty civil, so far; also, there are enough posts that I don't want to blow them away if there's an option.
I am involved in the testing of an embedded widget. Said widget uses a version of linux (Windriver X?). Confession time I am not that good with Linux. I have to modify various Json files to test if when Timers expire it does the correct thing. Doing what I really dislike taking a working system and altering it. So I have been copying a version of said file and giving it the name backup_ then the name and altering the file as such rebooting doing the test and then copying back the file back to it location when the test is over. Now comes a test where multiple files need to altered this will lead to more files than I have space for . My theory was to mount a USB drive and use that for the back up. The issue is there are no USB ports that can be used to copy system file off of . So this leaves me with the option of sticking a USB socket on the header on the 104 that is running the OS, or just alter the files and reinstall once the test is complete (takes around an hour) Long post I know but felt I ought to be typing.
That a good idea!, I'll have to see if tar is part of the default install, this version of Windriver has all sorts of stuff missing, tar I would have thought was still there due the need for Kernel files to inflated at boot!