The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen.
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
I tried to browse to that endpoint and expected to see something
someapi.com is not for sale yet
Given that endpoint, I'd expect some image on a single pixel.
The back-end could transform the image to a 1x1 image and save some bandwidth.
I'd also expect x and y as separate parameters for rectangles.
For example: someapi.com/image/someImageID?x=100&y=150
+1 for post-it notes. I have found it to be a very effective workflow to write my assigned Jira tickets onto post-it notes, work off the post-its, and then reconcile my work back into Jira the day before the PM does reporting.
As for Monday, I haven't tried it, but I don't like them because I keep seeing ads for it almost every day.
...although he wasn't one at the time (around 1976, I think). I was in the chess club at school in Lancashire when his chess club paid us a visit. He was about six years younger than me at the time.
I was playing him and made a random move (I wasn't very good at chess at the time and haven't got much better since), he immediately said, "I see what you are doing there, well done!", and resigned the game.
Please note, he was playing 7 other people at the same time ...and beat them all, except me.
I have spent much time since then trying to work out what I was "doing there" and never have managed to work it out.
He went on to become a Grand Master and World Champion, etc.
My best was an international tournament in Cannes where I managed, out of 6 games, to win almost, but not quite, 1 of them. I gave up chess altogether after that.
- I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code.
A long time ago when I was still young (like 15 years ago) I had a girlfriend who played chess.
I've never even once been able to beat her at chess.
Her brother played chess too, at a pretty high level, higher than his sister (my girlfriend).
I think he was one of the Dutch youth champions, I know his girlfriend was for sure.
Anyway, I played against him once and I think he underestimated me so hard that I actually won
He really hated that he lost to me, an absolute beginner
When I was a kid (maybe like 10 years old) I learned my grandma how to play chess.
I told her the rules and we played a small game.
So after that I said, let's play for real now.
There was no way in hell my grandma could beat me so I already looked forward to winning
Except my grandpa came in and helped my grandma on a move before going on with his day "you should move this there".
And then an uncle came in and did the same "that goes there".
And unfortunately for me I have a big family, so the second uncle really ruined it for me and I lost to my grandma who I'd just explained the rules