The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen.
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
You cannot have two build actions associated with a single file in the IDE.
Even trying to link to a file under a different folder to make a virtual copy of it in the project does not do it - it should but VS won't let you. If I was still on the VS team I would have raised that as a bug.
When I was growin' up, I was the smartest kid I knew. Maybe that was just because I didn't know that many kids. All I know is now I feel the opposite.
For me at the moment only Teamviewer, even if is not free, but I prefer to pay and stay painless, especally in case you need it for daily asistance. vnc in all its variation is a no go for me. vnc is uncomfortable and slow and unstable.
It does not solve my Problem, but it answers my question
We use ScreenConnect here, corporate-wide, and it is a very capable product. In addition to the standard desktop use, you can also interact with remote machines using a phone or tablet and that is nice. We have around twenty sites and all are interconnected through leased lines on a private network and we can access all of the manufacturing sites from the corporate office. It saves us a ton of travel.
"They have a consciousness, they have a life, they have a soul! Damn you! Let the rabbits wear glasses! Save our brothers! Can I get an amen?"