The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen.
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
"the debugger doesn't tell me anything because this code compiles just fine" - random QA comment
"Facebook is where you tell lies to your friends. Twitter is where you tell the truth to strangers." - chriselst
"I don't drink any more... then again, I don't drink any less." - Mike Mullikins uncle
Pumpkin pie is delicious - any time of the year. The fixation in North America is caused by pumpkin harvest season (early fall) coinciding with Halloween. In warmer climes (e.g. India), pumpkin is an ingredient in savory dishes, e.g. pumpkin curry[^]. Pumpkin is an excellent source of vitamin A and is rich in anti-oxidants.
Got my Mojo distured by a new directive from IT, uninstall Kaspersky with haste replace Eset Now (if not sooner!). So follow me here back in 90's most viruses & malware were from Eastern Europe, Kaspersky shines out as a valiant crusader to take control of Virus & Malware. Time passes and somebody notices a back door uploading info somewhere. Gets booted off defense and securiity networks. To be Replaced by Eset a Slovakian company their installer didn't quite work, but I got it in the end and left my work PC to be probed. Okay they are not Russian, but still from the East.
AVG turned to Spyware, Norton/Mcfee disappeared, Kaspersky Mr Putin reads your email, Total AV seems to do odd things (in my experince), Avast sounds like a pirate... For my personal devices I'm sticking with Windows Defender. Any views anyone...