The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen.
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
Anything that is unrelated to elephants is irrelephant Anonymous - The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they're genuine Winston Churchill, 1944 - Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. Mark Twain
About two weeks ago, Google recommended a blog with top 10 epic black metal albums.
I do like me some epic black metal from time to time, so I checked out the list.
I already knew the first five and the final four were mostly more of the same.
Not so for #6 on the list though, Untamed Land.
Where about 90% of epic black metal bands are inspired by Tolkien and the remaining 10% by winter, Untamed Land is inspired by... Spaghetti westerns!
This is what Ennio Morricone would sound like if he made black metal.
A group of chess players checked into a hotel and stood in the lobby talking about their tournament victories. Suddenly the manager came out and asked them to disperse. “But why?” They asked. “Because I can’t stand chess nuts boasting in an open foyer.”
yeah that's true. I wasn't considering the collection of ref types there. Now I can see why microsoft cleared their arrays. I didn't put 2 and 2 together and think about garbage collection. meh. thanks.
When I was growin' up, I was the smartest kid I knew. Maybe that was just because I didn't know that many kids. All I know is now I feel the opposite.
Last Visit: 6-Dec-19 1:09 Last Update: 6-Dec-19 1:09