The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
I have to organize a 1h30 horror trip for 6 - 12 year olds.
It should be a bit scary, but remember the age. I was thinking about a "story" where the children have to do stuff. (eg. oh no, zombie attack, get into the power circle where they can't reach you, ...stuff like that)
It will be twilight to dark (and we end at the camp fire)
The theme of the weekend is magicians, witches, zombies, werewolves, vampires ,... the children are at a magic school (much like Hogwarts).
Any ideas from this lot? Good websites, a good story, ... ?
Got a message in my spam box today. The only thing it says is "Am Irene. lets discuss" How do I know she's pretty? It's from ireneipretty2[at]... I'd almost send her a message back to discuss whether or not she is Irene. Guess I'll just delete it in case she has some diabolical plan
A local person recently received what she immediately knew to be a scam call..the one about being in a recent car accident. She did the right thing, said "not me", and hung up. The cheeky bugger immediately rang back, and told her she had suffered a head injury in the accident, and that's why she couldn't remember it. As you can imagine, her elicited a response a little less polite than the previous one.
Mick ------------------------------------------------ It doesn't matter how often or hard you fall on your arse, eventually you'll roll over and land on your feet.