The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
I was cycling through some old stuff yesterday and found a CD (yes, imagine, a CD) of some code I thought would be useful to me when I had written it.
It is more than a decade old (nobody writes VB code anymore).
New desktops / laptops don't even have a DVD player in them, let alone a CD player.
I have pubic hair older than you. You can't claim to be old yet.
"I controlled my laughter and simple said "No,I am very busy,so I can't write any code for you". The moment they heard this all the smiling face turned into a sad looking face and one of them farted. So I had to leave the place as soon as possible." - Mr.Prakash One Fine Saturday. 24/04/2004
Well, I did opt in with 1 of my home PC’s, the one with no important programs / data. Last Friday I was the lucky one to receive the fall update, nice, from 20:00 till 01:00 the computer was totally unusable.
At my work (24x7x365) we still using Windows 7, have to upgrade someday. This “nice” update experience really made me doubt about Windows 10 (as a service, if I deliver such service I can look for another job) in our production environment.
Twice a year a reimage of all physical PC’s, we don’t have the resources.
Citrix in a box, we have some experience but doesn’t exist anymore.
Terminal server (remote apps), have some nice and more important, less nice experience.
Maybe just go back to Windows XP on a segmented network with a nice firewall, even Linux comes to mind. Porting our software to Linux will cost a huge amount of resources, which we don’t have.
Don’t know which way Microsoft Windows 10 is going but it looks like “from us”, not “towards us”
Opt in the insider program with a work PC, no way. It’s there to get work done, not to wait for a 5 hour update before you boot and wait another hour before you can actually use it for any work.
Last Visit: 31-Dec-99 18:00 Last Update: 16-Oct-17 22:14