The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
I'm trying to use Edge - for compatibility reasons with a customer - big "we can't go wrong with Microsoft, you will be assimilated, blah, blah, blah" shop. I have purposely stayed away from Edge, because my first attempt strained my brain.
I'm back for round 2.
All I want to do is grab the web address location from the title to the Favorites folder. In Chrome and FF, I can just drag and drop. I think it used to work in IE. With my daughter's help, I have conquered the puzzle.
Does anyone know if Microsoft has a Hall of Shame? Perhaps the Cone of Shame?
<italic>Stuck in a dysfunctional matrix from which I must escape...
"Where liberty dwells, there is my country." B. Franklin, 1783
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” BF, 1759
two (clenched teeth) bios flashings later ... as Joan Murt said, and others agreed, Lenovo's software for managing driver updates is excellent.
hi-res screen really makes a difference in text clarity ! it also means that using the recommended 3840x2160 resolution results in the loss of WYSIWYG fidelity between Form appearance in the Visual Studio designer and what results when you run your app. yep, i'm reading up [^] on the hi-dpi additional settings, but, so far, there are no combinations of config and manifest mods, setting the Form's scaling and auto-size properties that are really acceptable.
so far installing my key apps, and syncing up to GDrive, DropBox
OneDrive, and Zoolz going great. beast auto-installed a driver for Logitech wireless mouse in a snap.
the only real problem is the back-lit keys (color is fixed at ominous red): at the brightest of the three levels they are very hard to read ... the keycaps are surrounded by bright light, but the letters are not translucent ... the visual gestalt is like being in a Dario Argento giallo horror flick (which gamers get off on, I assume) this will pass, since I will be using an external keyboard where i can touch-type. the keys on the Dell 3570 are much easier to type with.
of course i hacked away a lot of Win 10 stuff i'll never use, and removed some Lenovo stuff ... pleasantly surprised by how little bloatware there was.
wading through the swamp of Win 10 settings and turning off all kinds of monitoring and settings took a while. further tweakings of Win 10 using Sergey T.'s excellent WinAero Tweaker (free) [^] 15 minutes, or so.
yeah, all this took a day, but, compared to installation/upgrade/migration nightmares of years past, this was easy street.
So, here's the current body-count:
Agent Ransack x64
Internet Download Manager
Old Calculator for Windows 10
Puran Defrag 7.7.1
Visual Studio 2017
JetBrains ReSharper Ultimate
VLC media player
from Tralfamador with gobsmacks, Billy Pilgrim
«Differences between Big-Endians, who broke eggs at the larger end, and Little-Endians gave rise to six rebellions: one Emperor lost his life, another his crown. The Lilliputian religion says an egg should be broken on the convenient end, which is now interpreted by the Lilliputians as the smaller end. Big-Endians gained favor in Blefuscu.» J. Swift, 'Gulliver's Travels,' 1726CE
Proceed traveling downwards south from Stuttgart about 250km. On the left side I'm waiting for you
Honestly: I have only one guest room with one bed but you are welcome! We have only to check how you can arrange with the dog... but it is nice, to nice persons, so I think this is not a Problem. I was afraid one time of him, but I got it finally