The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
Can Medium.com[^] be eroding into CP's strong hold? In particular the first time authors of tech articles. Though Medium.com is a pile of mixed content , It might gradually start to have more technical articles, mainly from young authors who is writing about Kotlin, Swift, React, Vu.js or anything that's buzzing around freshly. These people might not know the legendary nature of CP, they might not get a chance to know.
I could all be wrong. Just a heads-up! Chris is watching?
I'm sure we wouldn't be wanting to have a dejavu of this phenomena like, Stackoverflow taking over the whole "technical discussion" department all of a sudden. It all happened like a navy seal mission. One fine day there was this thing called stackoverflow.com and a planet of tech aliens discussing topics as if CP discussion forum never existed.
I got my Chapman from Thomann. Most other stuff from the music-store.
I don't have problems with my cry baby, it's also one of the highest recommended wha pedals. Perhaps you have a "monday morning" model?