The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
OK - whilst you amused yourselves with online chatter I just finished mowing my lawn.
I hate mowing the lawn. Even piling up all the glass clippings and knowing they'll be the compost of the future is little consolation. When we used to have someone come and do it every other week they mowed our flowers (even when told 3x not to). Their predecessor also had disdain for flora.
So take my warning as advice:
- Never Fertilize your lawn.
- Never Water your lawn.
Both of these will only make it grow faster and that will only cause you to have to mow it more often. WTF would you want to do that?
Admittedly, within the limits of potential frosts, you can grow or not grow whatever you want anywhere you want - but I do like that I can plant a garden and once the produce gets through its smaller stages it will b e watered by the heavens throughout the spring, summer, and early fall. And spring here is a beautiful thing = trees in white and pink and green. As is usual in life, there's no real free ride - whatever you get you had to give.
To show some sort of solidarity, however, I have an every growing (indoor) cactus garden - all started from seeds. Even a few succulents, although the seeds from those are so small and the seedlings so tiny and frail that I've only been able to keep a few percent alive. There's something fascinating in the desert-adapted plants.