The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
If you're not a big fan of change, there's probably a great future for you in any other industry besides technology. Fortunately, change keeps things interesting. With new updates coming to Angular, it's time to get ready (yet again). This time, the updates won't be as dramatic, but you can stay ahead of the game and join our live webinar with experts Alyssa Nicoll and Sergio Cruz on March 9.
If anyone living in same timezone and care to join
They stated, that Angular 2 is ready for the enterprise... Here the proof that it is not! Enterprise if for decades and you can not base your product on something that can not be trusted not to break existing code... and with Angular we have a bad record... (An interesting fact. Telerik, a supplier of UI - and related - components will release its Angular 2 package on the very same month Angular 4 will be out... Telerik packages are commonly made of 70+ components, but the Angular 2 release will contain only about 25, as the release actually about the finished internals and not about the finished package. They expect to finish all the components in 18 months, when all he fanboys will declare it outdated)
Skipper: We'll fix it. Alex: Fix it? How you gonna fix this? Skipper: Grit, spit and a whole lotta duct tape.
#SupportHeForShe Government can give you nothing but what it takes from somebody else. A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you've got, including your freedom.-Ezra Taft Benson You must accept 1 of 2 basic premises: Either we are alone in the universe or we are not alone. Either way, the implications are staggering!-Wernher von Braun
I was pointing out, that they recommend for HTLM 5 Chrome or Firefox (and not IE or Edge) on Windows!!!
Sure, but I won't use Chrome or Firefox, either, and I'm not too happy about being told which browser to use -- it brings back too many memories of when almost every site owner annoyingly insisted that his site was "Best viewed in my favourite browser", during both of the browser wars.
If they said "May not work perfectly in Edge", I'd be happy with that; but I'll decide for myself which other browser to use, ta very much.
I wanna be a eunuchs developer! Pass me a bread knife!