The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
My mom and I have decided to open presents we get before Christmas if we want to (although I am going to save at least some of them for the 25th!), so I opened a couple (that go together). A Nintendo Switch, Super Mario Odyssey, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (the games were in the same package).
Already loving Super Mario Odyssey. That is a FUN game!
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
The metaphorical solid rear-end expulsions have impacted the metaphorical motorized bladed rotating air movement mechanism.
Do questions with multiple question marks annoy you???
Went to sleep at about 22:30 last night, little on the late side considering my alarm goes off at 05:00.
Forget about that, I woke up at friggin 01:00 for no reason at all and haven't been able to sleep after that.
WHAT THE ACTUAL F***!?
Just got out of bed and preparing for a very tough day.
I just hope I won't fall asleep behind the wheel
A book about driving cars with a camping trailer in tight formations?
Or one about cultivating cucumbers, tomatos and tulips?
Making and wearing wooden shoes?
How to operate windmills?
Survival guide when the dam breaks, special chapter about where to get cheese?
Boating with the camping trailer (in case the dam breaks).
I have lived with several Zen masters - all of them were cats.
When I buy a pre-built machine or laptop, I ALWAYS install a different copy of Windows on it as opposed to leaving their crapware-filled OS on the box. Then I let Windows update take care of the drivers.
".45 ACP - because shooting twice is just silly" - JSOP, 2010 ----- You can never have too much ammo - unless you're swimming, or on fire. - JSOP, 2010 ----- When you pry the gun from my cold dead hands, be careful - the barrel will be very hot. - JSOP, 2013
So, I'm testing some ftp s/w on Windows. Standard code, details deliberately dropped:
handle myHandle = FtpFindFirstFile();
if (NULL != myHandle)
} while (InternetFindNextFile());
I'm in the debugger, I just want to see the values in some data structures. Code keeps dropping right out of the do loop. Code steps in, loop exits, I know there are more files matching than just the first... wth is going on?
duh, compiler be too smart - nothing in the do loop, why bother? Add a variable increment in the loop, all works. so much time lost
<italic>Stuck in a dysfunctional matrix from which I must escape...
"Where liberty dwells, there is my country." B. Franklin, 1783
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” BF, 1759
Last Visit: 31-Dec-99 19:00 Last Update: 12-Dec-17 3:05