The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
I used to develop a largish open-source app in my spare time, but that has come to an end. No energy left...
But I sometimes work on a Android app - I needed it for myself so I built it, and published it on Google Play.
If you truly believe you need to pick a mobile phone that "says something" about your personality, don't bother. You don't have a personality. A mental illness, maybe, but not a personality. [Charlie Brooker] My Blog
I have no idea which haystack to even start looking in, or what I'm looking for. Kind of lost here on this one.
I use a linux firewall with nat for 32 ip's, and I'm trying to get my exchange server to send new messages with the proper ip address for reverse dns verification to other mail servers. So that line in the smtp message received from <22.214.171.124> should be <126.96.36.199>
I wrote the iptable script like 8 years ago, but times change, with spam and all that.
so it's either the
routing - linux using route
netFilter - linux using iptables
exchange server - Microsoft
I just posted the question on stack overflow, let's see what happens.
Note: I got the SMTP port wrong in my answer. 21 instead of 25.
Correct me if I am wrong, MX records are for receiving the email, sender's email will have SMTP server's IP Address. and when you reply to the email, it will get resolved from domain name to IP Address using MX records, in order to receive it using IMAP/POP3. so sending and receiving IP Address can be different. (I may be wrong about this).
Firefox is the only application that I hear there is a new version of and think "damn it, not again...". You had me worried for a second, but it hasn't tried to update yet so it's all good for now. (And I'm seriously considering downgrading to 14 and staying there, I hate 15's search and URL bars not clearing the placeholder text when I click them...)
If you have 15, clear your search bar so the placeholder text (e.g. "Google") appears, click away, then click it again. The "Google" stays, you can't select it of delete it, but the most annoying part (to me) is that it makes it difficult to tell if you managed to actually click the box or not, the disappearing text was a great indicator. And this is apparently and intended feature, which makes me wonder what the person writing the requirements was smoking
EDIT: Looks like there's a fix for it now, found here[^] for anyone interested. Doesn't conflict with my installed theme either. An interesting note: I found it on a bug report, a lot of users have submitted this behavior as a bug.