The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
hello my name is PAthan Kp, im a student of HND Computing (1st Semester)
im working on a assignment, so need your help to select a right software model, for a Home Appliances company to develop a software.
You are currently working as a Software Engineer at a Company that deals in making Automated Home Appliances. The Company has to come up with new model of each product every year depending on the market trends and user needs.
The purpose of the software developed for such appliances is to configure and control the hardware. So the job of the software engineering department is to develop the software that controls, configures and test the hardware.
As the software is embedded within the hardware, so the software application for the devices must be completely tested and implemented before the shipment of the product.
1. Compare different software development life cycle models and select the best method for the given problem.
2. Discuss how the selected system development life cycle is best for the given problem.
3.Give examples to support your idea by sugguesting any other projects that can also use the particular method selected by you.
4. Select an alternate system development life cycle method that can be used to solve the given problem.
you must improve your Google-fu skills
1. open the google homepage Google[^]
2. type into the search page without the speech marks "software development life cycle models"
3. read the through the results, personally I would start with searching WIKI
4. Any problems please post in the QA or forums asking specific questions and saying where you are stuck and what you have done and we will help you as much as possible.
Sorry for the sarcastic response but I dont want to be spending my sunday DOING your homework.
Lobster Thermidor aux crevettes with a Mornay sauce, served in a Provençale manner with shallots and aubergines, garnished with truffle pate, brandy and a fried egg on top and Spam - Monty Python Spam Sketch
Surely only if you can't fix it with silvertape?!?!
Why can't I be applicable like John? - Me, April 2011 ----- Beidh ceol, caint agus craic againn - Seán Bán Breathnach ----- Da mihi sis crustum Etruscum cum omnibus in eo! ----- Just because a thing is new don’t mean that it’s better - Will Rogers, September 4, 1932
As with any decision, you should approach it like this:
- list the pros and cons of every possible choice.
- link them to the specific scenario.
- select the best* choice.
Splitting the first and second steps like that is an approximation that you can't always afford. Sometimes they should be merged to the step:
- predict the real positive and negative effects of every choice.
That step can usually only be approximated, because it usually involves an element of random chance, but usually it can be approximated very well using experience (of yourself and others), detailed information of the complete scenario (not enough given in this question) and logic.
* "best" means that the sum of weighted pros plus the sum of weighted cons (cons are negative, so you just add them, not subtract them) is highest over all choices. Don't divide - you're not looking for the "most efficient way to produce 'pro' ", you would often end up making a choice that has no cons (and therefore an infinite efficiency) but those choices usually give very little 'pro'.
Usually there are several best choices, that only differ in some trade-offs that (by construction) apparently don't affect the pros and cons. There is no reason to choose one of them over the other. If you feel one of them is better than an other, then your pros and cons were formulated incorrectly. For example, if you feel that one choice is better than an other because the other makes you a cold-hearted a**hole, consider the effect it may have on your interactions with others and recalculate the pros and cons taking other peoples' perception of you into account.
You now know how to correctly (ie optimally) make any choice ever, from choosing a move in chess to what to say to your romantic interest. This procedure is often time-consuming though, so you may have to recursively apply this procedure in order to choose whether to apply it.
Have you ever felt a chill down your spine when your PC fails to boot normally and when you try the Safe Mode option(s), it just reboots again?
Well, this happened to me and the chill just kept spreading as I frantically used my phone to search on information about JGOGO.SYS, which was the last driver shown during Safe Mode boot before it rebooted again. I realized I needed to boot on a different drive and access my system drive in order to fix it, but where do I have an XP boot disk? Somewhere I am sure, but it has been so long since I have needed it. To make matters worse, I was South of the border (in Baja California) and did not have a USB stick available and I had moved the DVD drive to my secondary system, which was at my house in San Diego.
I was finally able to get my hands on another bootable hard disk and with that configured as the boot drive, it automatically started running CHKDSK, which repaired a bunch of stuff. After a while I was able to breathe a sigh of relief when I reconfigured my own hard disk to be the boot drive and it started up just fine.
What did you do on your Saturday?
Last Visit: 31-Dec-99 18:00 Last Update: 24-May-17 15:13