The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
I know there have been numerous music threads but I had a thought. What's the most personally influential music you've heard from a language that isn't your first. My first language is English, followed by grade-school Japanese (ohayou), and very sparse Tagalog (magandang araw). Recently I ran into the band Man With A Mission and really love the intertwining of English and Japanese through the songs The Perfect World[^] (from the anime B the Beginning), My Hero[^] (from the anime Inuyashiki), and an original The Anthem[^].
I adore classical music including Bach. The composition is so unique and inspired. It reminds me of modern composers of that calibre such as Kashiwa Daisuke - April #02[^], which is an extraordinary modern composition utilizing lack of sound as an instrument to itself (skip to 20m[^] if you aren't a composition fan, it's amazing).
I would suggest Zelda: A Link To The Past Randomizer which can be found at ALTTP VR[^]. It's an imaginative twist on a classic I imagine many people here have enjoyed It makes random (but still completable) item seeds of ALTTP that turn the game from a RPG into a logic puzzle. There's a tournament going on right now you can view via the schedule[^]. I've been watching a good amount of the matches so far, feel free to message or @ me on my account Rinsho_ on twitch I'm not a competitive speedrunner but I very much enjoy the show!
Other hard drives seem to work in the same USB ports. But this whole rig is on its last legs, so who knows. Once I get over my problem of HP selling me *my recently purchased) system without a valid Windows activation key , I can check it there, along with some dongles that have mysteriously stopped working.
I double storage for everything, and I have a just a few hundred gigs over 2 TB of stuff, but 900 gigs of it is torrent music that I haven't gotten around to trimming, so I will split that into 2 (making a spreadsheet for the torrents in there), and thus will be able to fit everything on the 2 remaining 2TB hard drives.
My youngest, Hannah, is a sea cadet. On Sunday, she took part in the divisional kayaking competition (one division covers three counties). She was only supposed to do two races but ended up doing three instead (stepping in to do a doubles 2K time trial at the last minute). Three races, three gold medals for her. She has done so well that she is now going to represent the division in the area event. That covers what they class as the north; basically every unit from Leeds up to Aberdeen. If she does well there, she's off to represent the area in the national events. I couldn't be prouder of her if I tried - not because she won, but because she took part. I'm proud of all the cadets who took part, they gave up their Sunday to do the competition. They really do show that there is so much potential in the youth of today.
If something has a solution... Why do we have to worry about?. If it has no solution... For what reason do we have to worry about?
Help me to understand what I'm saying, and I'll explain it better to you
Rating helpful answers is nice, but saying thanks can be even nicer.
Athletically she takes after her mother? Well done to Hanna.
"I controlled my laughter and simple said "No,I am very busy,so I can't write any code for you". The moment they heard this all the smiling face turned into a sad looking face and one of them farted. So I had to leave the place as soon as possible." - Mr.Prakash One Fine Saturday. 24/04/2004