The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
Congratulations! Your life will now change completely be the same but with a huge legal protection of your status, and that's a lot! Also, it's a romantic and meaningful pledge of loyalty and commitment, which makes it all the more pleasant.
Ok, start Firefox.
Crash! -- before you even see the nav bar.
I'm beginning to get scared.
Let's start Edge.
Edge seems okay.
Go to site. Sign in.
Sign in failure. Try again. Edge crashed!!!
Start Chrome. Now, it's not crashing.
Did Android Studio and all that update/crashing weirdness put my system in some odd state?
I think so.
Scary and terrible.
One thing I did notice is that the browser client area would flash all black before the crash. It makes me wonder if it was a graphics driver thing related to rendering the page and that is why all the browsers were effected??
Long years ago I had a bad video card that would freeze the screen when I visited one particular site, so a similar weird behavior.
I'll probably never know the answer, but it is weird stuff.
You've posted dozens of these random crashes and event logs over the last year. I really don't understand how you can write books teaching other engineers how to code but just can't seem to debug an out-of-memory exception and access denied error. At first I thought maybe you were an inexperienced engineer but I am beginning to wonder if you just enjoy trolling the lounge.
It honestly seems impossible that you would not know how to debug this. Your articles are very well written and you show a high aptitude for software engineering. It's like meeting a chef at a restaurant that is unable to cook ramen noodles but authored a 300 page cookbook.
modified 11hrs 20mins ago.
Last Visit: 31-Dec-99 18:00 Last Update: 24-Jun-18 22:56