The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
That said I'd think they'd be happy that he reported this to them.
In general that is unlikely to be true.
One can suppose any number of corporate scenarios
- Company bought the shopping cart software.
- Company contracts via another company for a shopping cart site.
- Large company with small in house development.
- Company which contracted custom site.
- Small company with large (compared to rest of company) development staff.
I suspect that only the last would be happy about it.