The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
Anyway, we let them, Johnny Foreigner that is, use English words for free all the time!
Good English words and phrases like:
- et al
- per diem
- coup d'etat
- curriculum vitae
[That last one is a trick, added to confuse and confound.]
- Life in the fast lane is only fun if you live in a country with no speed limits.
- Of all the things I have lost, it is my mind that I miss the most.
- I vaguely remember having a good memory...
ITYM "martino". No need to go back as far as ancient Latin, when there weren't any martinis; it's modern Italian (as is the drink).
It was named after a guy, though, wasn't it? The North of the Netherlands is, for some obscure (but probably googleable, if I weren't so lazy) reason full of places named after a guy with the same name.
I wanna be a eunuchs developer! Pass me a bread knife!
- 2 deer were of the same species but 2 deers were different (eg. 1 mule deer + 1 white tailed deer = 2 deers).
- 2 beer are of the same brand, 2 beers are different brands.
- 2 sheep are the same breed, 2 sheeps are different breeds.
... but I'm not sure about cheese and cheeses.
I also had a manager that used to talk about the softwares on his computer. That was too ugly for me. ... what is the plural of furniture? or hardware?
...that after bopping around various projects that I have that are in VS 2008, 2010 or 2012, I find VS2008 is the last usable IDE that Microsoft has put out. It didn't just go downhill from there (which I know some think has been the overall trend since VS BC 1), no, the usability and presentation fell off the f***ing cliff. While VS2010 sort of hit a landing halfway down, VS2012 is lying at the bottom of the ravine in a broken pile of pathetic performance and butt ugly presentation. Hopefully the monsoons will come and wash this eye sore away some time soon.