|This kind of framework exists already, done properly, for example in DevExpress XAF (eXpressApp Framework).
By done properly, I mean that it has it all, you only concentrate on your business:
1. You design the business model, UML style: All types of relations are supported: 1-1, 1-n, n-m, parent-child, etc.
2. You click the “Compile” button.
3. You get:
- the WinForms business application
- the Web application,
built automatically, designed like you would have done it (maybe even better...), totally configurable, even at runtime.
- The database is generated (or updated) for you, with proper tables, fields, indexes, constraints, etc., be it MSSQL, Oracle, you name it (for 12 different RDBMs).
4. As a bonus, you get: User, Roles, Authorization (per class, record or even at the field level), Active Directory login, Auditing, dynamic layout of lists and detail layouts, localization (even at runtime), reporting, etc... the list goes on: you name it, they have it, top notch support included.
Most of the features are runtime configurable. For example, you can create reports at runtime, in a full fledged award winning visual designer.
It is compatible with Entity Framework, although it proposes the DevExpress XPO by default, with which I believe you can better fine tune specific use cases.
The library comes at around 2200 $ per developer. When I demonstrated it to a colleague, he thought that it could cost 100.000 of $, no joke.
Note that a XAF project is nothing other than a standard .NET project, you are not bound to any hypothetic limits that XAF would impose you.
Some links to mind blowing demos:
Amanda building a small XAF business application in 10 minutes[^]
Seth showing XAF in depth (1h 10mn video that highlights many basic features of XAF)[^]
Some articles abouts XAF here at code project:
Getting the Job Done with XAF[^]
Using Domain Components (DC) in XAF[^]
Dungeons of XAF and Magic[^]
Download the full XAF framework (one month trial), including their award winning controls
Disclaimer: I am not a DevExpress employee. I use their control set daily in my daytime job as an employee of a small software shop and as a hobbyist at night. The DevExpress tools, including XAF, help me every day to solve my business cases.