The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
Well, I think it will be way too many countries, so I came up with a list of alternative approaches.
- Convince FIFA to change the name of the tournament to "The World Mug".
- Convince FIFA to hold the tournament every 20 years.
- Convince the UN to merge all countries into a single union. No countries, no World Cup.
- Buy up all soccer balls in the world and destroy them.
- Embark on a world tour to tell every soccer fan in the world, that watching soccer causes ED.
- Engineer an insect that can kill off all grass in the world.
- Commence "Operation Legstrong" to ruin the sport from the inside by replacing the 10-15 most popular players in the world by robots and reveal the scandal in 3 years.
- Build a time machine. Go back in time and start cracking skulls. Ebenezer Cobb Morley[^], England, 1863 should be your first target.
"When you don't know what you're doing it's best to do it quickly" - Jase #DuckDynasty
First one in this am, to start to check around for anything of mine (I started the grand carry on Friday!), got most of it, just some 'Heavy' MS books left for tonight. I pulled a shoulder, but... I also have appeared busy so as not to draw attention to myself(!).
Company director has a days Holiday which probably explains why the talk is not today(!). Ah well worst things happen at sea I suppose!.
Sorry to hear that - and good luck in the job search!
Sounds like we will be hearing more from you now, then?
Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it. --- George Santayana (December 16, 1863 – September 26, 1952)
Those who fail to clear history are doomed to explain it. --- OriginalGriff (February 24, 1959 – ∞)
Riiight... the only words that came into my mind when I read this was a phrase of a popular German comedian: "Wenn man keine Ahnung hat, einfach mal: Fresse halten" ("If you ain't got no clue, just: shut up")
Schweinsteiger best player of the game, a real fighter... unlike Messi's performance.
Last Visit: 31-Dec-99 18:00 Last Update: 27-Apr-17 8:33