The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
I have, but I don't think it's true. Think about how you screw people over. You don't want to be obvious, right? If you just mess something up, no one can tell whether you did it intentionally or not. They might suspect, but they will never know. Motives are the easiest thing to lie about, there is never any way to verify anything, the truth only exists in your mind, so people just try infer motives from results and there isn't any better way to do it.
A Bandcamp link this week.
I've been into dungeon synth lately, a subgenre of dark ambient music.
Spotify has very little dungeon synth, YouTube only has complete albums in a single video, but Bandcamp seems to be the place to be
The band name and song name paired with the album name and artwork say it all...
Imagine the soundtrack to medieval castles and forests, preferably with knights, wizards, fairies and trolls.
Or, as the band describes it, "Wanderer songs of medieval fantasy."
So put on your chain mail or wizard's robe and let yourself be carried away to this fantasy realm that's dungeon synth
From the dungeon synth Wikipedia page "The style is often compared to video game music, as it is occasionally applied in those settings."
I hear it too though.
HoMM has a great soundtrack, you can download it from GOG
Been accessing from a mobile device for the past 2 days. So it's still new to me.
I kinda like it but I also miss the old one .
I hate it, it is shite. Way too spacey, not enough content at once. Posted how shite it was a couple of months ago when I first saw it. I read on mobile evenings on train trip home.
I'm 50 and eyes getting hard to read close up, but still too big.
"I controlled my laughter and simple said "No,I am very busy,so I can't write any code for you". The moment they heard this all the smiling face turned into a sad looking face and one of them farted. So I had to leave the place as soon as possible." - Mr.Prakash One Fine Saturday. 24/04/2004