I've tested both on live and on development and can't replicate the issue. It may have been an earlier bug we've since fixed. A few days ago I did reset the document format on a few articles that had been incorrectly set, and we also updated our rendering code.
In any case, if you see it again just let us know.
BTW - you have a ton of outstanding Draft versions of that article you recently published. Would you like me to clean up the debris for you?
* Provide the tool bar the the bottom of Editor. Mostly, when writing new article, the author would generally be writing at the end of editor. So, when author needs to apply some formatting he/she would need to make toolbar visible and then hit appropriate button. But then, the original text would not be visible. I have 22" monitor, and I write on about 150% of zoom in IE9. But toolbar isn't visible.
* Add more shortcuts, Ctrl+D is good, but what about "Formatted" for code? How to switch between HTML and WYSIWYG?
* Most authors don't know additional formatting, like "div=callout", and instead use "Formatted" instead. The parser would read it as text rather than special comment.
* On code pasting, convert tabs to 3-4 tabs, instead of author doing that manually. Also additional lines would come up when pasting.
The HTML of the original (to be edited) article may retain the old style file references (eg src = "MyArticle\MyArticle_Image.png"). In this case, it is necessary, but not obvious that the reference MUST be revised to src = MyArticle_Image.png. You provide a good clue by saying that uploaded files are relative to the article (or something like that). It would be better if that statement was augmented by something like "Check that the HTML references do not contain Directory names" -- hmmm I'm sure you can improve on that!
I do not know that the invalid refs are cleaned up on submission - I never had the guts to try. I do know that the invalid refs are NOT cleaned up on Preview.
I was updating 2 articles and only one showed that problem.
Thanks for the feedback, Jim. We tried to be clear on the submission wizard itself where an example of referencing files is shown within the list of uploaded files, as well as providing "insert" buttons that will do all the work for you.
The trick here is that, underneath it all, we still actually use "MyArticle\file.ext" (though this is now "1234\file.ext" since we've ditched basenames due to uniqueness headaches and just moved to using the article ID). Within the submission wizard editor we strip the "MyArticle\" from the raw HTML, then when you switch to design mode, add it back so the WYSIWYG mode shows the images.
So: it's the same as it always was, but when editing the raw HTML we do some magic so it seems like references are now relative to the directory containing the article.
Further, if you upload a file and reference the file using Directory\file.ext, then it should all still work. If it doesn't, please let me know which article and I'll dig in.
Thanks for the quick reply! I think I will have to look harder for the "Insert" buttons!
The one thing that threw me off is that for some reason when I switched to Html view, the MyArticle\ was not switched off. I was explicitly looking for something like that since my image was not showing in Preview. In the Design view, the older Image was the one displayed. I had deleted that Image file and add/upload a new Image with the same name. The way I fixed both of these problems was to manually strip off the "MyArticle\" from the src = and also from the download files, in Html view of course.
I was making a mod to an old article that I had updated the day before (a mod to a mod). What really irritated me was that I had had the same problem with the first update and didn't note or remember how I had fixed it then - after all, it was only 12 hours between updates - I should have remembered.
Just to make it more confusing, I was doing two articles over the same time period and the first article, of about the same vintage or even older, did not have any of these problems.
Bottom line: The suggestion I made was to address a problem that should not occur.
Should you wish to chase this one, the article's ID is 11654.
I had a quick play and it seems the article is all good now. Having the old MyArticle\ appear is annoying. This most likely happened because of some bad data our end.
Some more background: initially all articles simply referred to downloads in their MyArticle directory without any recording in our database of what was actually in that directory. We fixed this by scanning the directories and recording, and associated, downloads for files.
In some cases we had servers that were out of sync and so this association was inaccurate. When this happens the submission wizard doesn't know how to trim links because it doesn't trust anything other than what the database says.
That error will be triggered anytime a major portion of the template exists in the content.
With the new submission wizard you don't need to publish it to save it. You can hit the Save Draft button and your current work will be saved as a draft. To view drafts, just go to the submission page[^] and you'll see, on the right hand side, your drafts.