Could anyone please let me know why is this code not controlling the play volume even if MIXERLINE_COMPONENTTYPE_DST_HEADPHONES,play are passed as parameter to CMixer class. The above code is controlling the record volume perfectly.
I have an application that uses a CMyHTMLView derived from CHtmlView. The user can have multiple CHtmlViews open at the same time. Everything seems to work fine until we try to Serialize. In Serialize each CHtmlView gets the HTML from the browser to save by doing this:
The problem is every CHtmlView returns the same HTML as is in the most recently opened CHtmlView, even if they're in different documents. I tried using different methods to get the source (including CHtmlView::GetSource, which doesn't always give me all the HTML) but they all do the same thing.
Then it occurred to me that maybe they all have the same HTML in them, so in my app I used the context menu's view source to check and, sure enough, they all show the same code. If I go to one of the earlier opened views and Refresh, it updates to display the same thing as the most recently opened view.
The views are being controlled from VBScript using an IWebBrowser2 passed by my app, which I get by:
*Sigh* As usual, I assumed the problem ran deeper than it did. My assumption that my routine to get the HTML from the browser was actually doing that seems to be wrong. It was getting it from, in my case, the file the browser had navigated to.
That is, if I loaded a file in the browser and then deleted the file and tried my GetSource function it wouldn't work...
Yes, those functions I already found, but there is no example (or at least I can't see one) that shows the use of these functions to open an avi-file and display it on a window.
I've explored the MCI api (a little higher in the treeview of the link you gave me), but this is also not exactly what I need. MCIWnd gives me a complete window (including a bucn of controls), but that I don't need that.
None of them showed me a nice clean piece of code that actually did it.
Surely you can't be that lame. Sarath provided you a link to the AVI functions, and you replied to him that you already knew of them but that none of them had an example that showed how to open an AVI file. I provided you with a very succinct example of how to open an AVI file (from the link that Sarath provided).
"The largest fire starts but with the smallest spark." - David Crow
"Judge not by the eye but by the heart." - Native American Proverb
The AVI functions that you brought up where all created with the purpose of editing the AVI file. The application I was looking for was to play an AVI file.
I've searched before in all the information that Sarath gave my a link to and I've also looked at the example that you've (DavidCrow) linked me too. But the functions and the example did not provided a simple solution. The purpose for me was to have a simple solution to play an avi, not the implement a complete engine using the AVI-functions. I'm sure that I would be able to accomplish that, but it had to be implemented in a very short period of time.
I understand your remarks, and I hope you understand mine as well.
thanks to all for responding to my questions so far and helping me learn MFC/VC++
I have one more on my way...
Iam using VC++6.0 and have implemented the serial communcation between PC and the serial device(RABBIT3000-an 8 bit microcontroller).
When I build the program, everythign goes fine. I can send and receive packets on both ends.
But when I try to send a packet to the Rabbit from PC more than once, my VC++ code breaks..saying "assert failed"
the failure is in line 304 of MFC/SRC/WINCORE.CPP
ASSERT(pWnd == NULL || pWnd->m_hWnd == hWnd);
It has probably nothing to do with the communication itself (more with the way you are handling the data, if you show that on a window or something). It is really difficult for us to give a solution. You have to track the problem yourself. The best way to do that is to use your debugger: press F5 and see where it crashes, you can the use the call stack to see which function in your code was called last. Then, you can set breakpoints and do step-by-step debugging in the code where there are problems.