Welcome to the new Press Releases forum! Our old press release system has been retired but we've moved everything and everyone to a new, shinier home. Enjoy!
A press release must be written for the purpose of announcing something newsworthy. Advertisements, promotions, or anything smelling even vaguely of spam will be deleted. All press releases must be relevant to the development community.
|CodePorting is having great success and the key element of their success is that they offer the best possible service to their customers with complete accessibility. To improve the CodePorting experience for users, they have developed a service hook that enables the GitHub users to convert their C# source code repositories without having to leave GitHub environment.
All users, Regardless of their subscription type, can use this features. If you are a GitHub user and you want to migrate your C# source code that resides on GitHub, simply follow the instructions given below to use the CodePorting C#2Java service hook for converting your C# code to java.
1. Create a repository in Github to hold the Java code and initialize it.
2. Go to the Admin settings of the repository holding the C# code.
3. Find the Service Hooks tab on the left side of your admin panel and click it.
4. From a list of available Service Hooks, select CodePorting C#2Java Service.
5. In the Service Hook settings screen you will find the directions required to configure the plugin.
Below are details of the fields required by the CodePorting C#2Java service screen.
• Project Name: Could be any name of your choice.
• Repo Key: This is the source repository name, holding the C# source code.
• Target Repo Key: This is the target repository name. This repo will contain the ported Java code.
• CodePorting Username: Your CodePorting Username/Login-Id.
• CodePorting Password: Your CodePorting Password.
• Github Access Token: Click on this <a href= https://github.com/login/oauth/authorize?client_id=bdd1c68e81a61ac64e45&scope=user,repo,gist>link to get the token. This is the unique token generated using Github Auto token generation process, that allows the CodePorting application to get permission from your github account for commiting changes to the Github.
Once you configured the CodePorting C#2Java service hook, you have to remember two important things.
1. If you change anything in the source repository CodePorting C#2Java service hook will be triggered
2. The CodePorting C#2Java service hook will create a project in your CodePorting account. So if your subscription allows only one project then you have to delete the existing project for triggering the porting process.
Newly added articles and documentation pages
- CodePorting Now Provides CSharp2Java Plugin for GitHub Users
- Indisputable Advantages of CodePorting C#2Java App
- Convert C# is Operator to instanceof Operator in Java
- List of <a href=http://codeporting.com/wiki/display/csharp2java/2.+Supported+Conversions>Conversions Supported by CodePorting C#2Java Engine
About CodePorting C#2Java App
CodePorting helps you make your .NET applications cross platform compatible and allows migrating your .NET solutions, projects and files into Java in the cloud. Other than speed and accuracy of conversion; port your C# code directly either by uploading .cs files contained in a .zip file or import directly from popular version control repositories like GIT, Mercurial HG and SubVersion. You can also download a Microsoft Visual Studio plugin and convert C# code in the real time without leaving the development environment. You may also build your own customized code conversion applications using CodePorting APIs.
Read more about CodePorting
- Start converting C# Apps and source code to Java
- CodePorting Homepage
- CodePorting C#2Java Homepage
- CodePorting Documentation
- Watch out <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVO2WfVj4Og> CodePorting introductory video
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW 2066, Australia
Codeporting – Your CodePorting Experts
Skype Name: CodePorting
Email: support [@] codeporting [dot] com
General News Suggestion Question Bug Answer Joke Praise Rant Admin
Use Ctrl+Left/Right to switch messages, Ctrl+Up/Down to switch threads, Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right to switch pages.
Copyright © CodeProject
All Rights Reserved.