Welcome to the new Press Releases forum! Our old press release system has been retired but we've moved everything and everyone to a new, shinier home. Enjoy!
A press release must be written for the purpose of announcing something newsworthy. Advertisements, promotions, or anything smelling even vaguely of spam will be deleted. All press releases must be relevant to the development community.
What’s new in this release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Cells for Java 7.3.5 has been released. This month’s release supports rendering sparklines and displaying RTL (right-to-left) languages in generated PDF files (Excel to PDF conversion). We have added more methods (for example Validation.getValue1() and Validation.getValue2()) to obtain DateTime values for custom needs. Moreover, we have enhanced the performance of PDF rendering by providing the valuable PdfSaveOptions.CheckFontCompatibility option; the conditional formatting feature is also improved. This release is also a maintenance release where several important issues have been fixed. Many issues around reading, writing or converting spreadsheets (XLS, XLSX etc.), rendering or converting shapes and exporting to PDF have been resolved. Issues pertaining to charts and the formula calculation engine have also been corrected in this release. This release includes plenty of improved features and bug fixes as listed below
- Add new methods: Validation.getValue1() and Validation.getValue2() for getting DateTime values
- Support Sparklines rendering for PDF format
- Include new option: PdfSaveOptions.CheckFontCompatibility for improving performance of saving PDF file
- Conditional formatting formulas don't differentiate between String and Numbers
- Support to read Theme color for sheet tab color from an XLS file
- Support to write RTL in PDF rendering
- DisplayRightToLeft problem is resolved
- Cropping effect in the pictures was lost for Shape-to-Image feature is now fixed
- Only the first RadioButton in a GroupBox has linked cell
- Inconsistent results with CalculateFormulas method is now fixed
- Vlookup with a Lookup_value range is now working properly
- Shapes in group removal after ungroup is now resolved
- Support SmartArt for Shape-to-Image feature
- Cropping of pictures was incorrect for Shape-to-Image feature when shape was re-sized is now fixed
- Rows became hidden when viewing the re-saved XLS file (by Aspose.Cells) in OpenOffice is now resolved
- error in formula calculations is fixed
- DataLabels were shown for XLS file format but not for XLSX is now fixed
- Series’ Axis was shown for XLS file format but not for XLSX is now fixed
- Periods insertion in lines with Courier font type is now fixed
- Shape.toImage() hanged for indefinite time is now fixed
- Image truncated and color different while converting Excel to PDF is fixed
- Problem with converting Excel file with large number of columns into PDF file is resolved.
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
Overview: Aspose.Cells for Java
Aspose.Cells is a Java component for spreadsheet reporting without using Microsoft Excel. Other features include creating spreadsheets, opening encrypted excel files, macros, VBA, unicode, formula settings, pivot tables, importing data from JDBC ResultSet and support of CSV, SpreadsheetML, PDF, ODS and all file formats from Excel 97 to Excel 2007. It is compatible with Windows, Linux & Unix and supports all advanced features of data management, formatting, worksheet, charting and graphics
More about Aspose.Cells for Java
Suite 119, 272 Victoria Avenue
Chatswood, NSW, 2067
Aspose - The .NET and Java component
General News Suggestion Question Bug Answer Joke Praise Rant Admin
Use Ctrl+Left/Right to switch messages, Ctrl+Up/Down to switch threads, Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right to switch pages.