|Nearly 400 IT professionals attended event co-located in London and Colombo, focusing on API management, SOA, cloud, mobile, and open source insights and best practices
Palo Alto, CA – February 21, 2013 – WSO2 today announced that videos of all 34 WSO2Con 2013 keynote presentations and technical sessions are now online. The event examined new application models enabled by the cloud, API management, mobile and the Raspberry Pi, among others. A highlight of the conference was a demonstration of the WSO2Con mobile application built using WSO2 Carbon enterprise middleware and running on a cluster of 24 Raspberry Pi computers—offering a proof of concept for building applications that are optimized for small form-factor devices. Nearly 400 IT architects, developers and managers attended WSO2’s third user conference, which was co-located in London and Colombo Sri Lanka and ran February 12-14, 2013. To view the videos, visit http://wso2con.com/agenda.
Among the presenters at WSO2Con 2013 were leading technology experts from WSO2 along with 16 guest speakers who included customers, researchers, systems integrators, and other third-party solution providers. Collectively, they explored best practices in API management, service-oriented architecture (SOA), cloud computing, mobile, data and analytics, application development, enterprise integration and governance, along with IT strategies for improving productivity and competing in a global economy. They also represented a broad cross section of markets, including financial services, government, retail, telecommunications, information technology, universities, and research institutions.
Guest Speakers Address Top Enterprise Priorities
Speakers at WSO2Con 2013 represent some of the world’s innovators in the development and implementation of SOA, Web services, open source, big data, cloud, mobile and other software technologies. These experts shared their insights in presentations across a number of the conference’s keynote sessions, technology and industry tracks, and tutorials.
• Democratizing Innovation in Computing, Eben Upton, Founder and Trustee, Raspberry Pi Foundation
• How Open Source Can Still Save The World, Brian Behlendorf, Senior Advisor for Science and Technology, World Economic Forum
• Network-embedded Application and Cloud Platforms: Emerging Foundations of Next-Generation Business Systems, Pankaj Srivastava, Vice President Engineering, Cisco Systems
• Cloud Computing Powered by Platform as a Service, Yefim Natis, Vice President and Distinguished Analyst, Gartner, Inc.
• Reinventing Enterprise IT Around APIs and Apps, Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana, WSO2 founder and CEO
• The New IT - Your Milestone Plan, Paul Fremantle, WSO2 co-founder and CTO
• API and Service Orientation @StubHub, Phiroze Dastoor, Senior Applications Architect, StubHub
• Strategic Insurance Integration Platform at Suva, Igor Berchtold, Senior IT Architect, Suva
• The Spanish Language API Platform, Elena Álvarez, Head of the Morphology and Syntax Department, Molino de Ideas
• Case Study: SOAS University of London Student Enrollment Portal on WSO2, Charles Gibbons, Technical Design Authority, JISC Advance
• How WSO2 Helped the Dutch Ministry of Infrastructure and the Environment Save Euro 500K and Deliver SOA Solutions Faster, Stephen Oostenbrink, Enterprise Architect, Dutch Ministry of Infrastructure and the Environment, and Thijs Volders, Senior Software Architect, Yenlo BV
• WSO2 as a Cryptographic Services Platform, Roger Carhuatocto, IT Consultant, Konosys
• SOA That Works, Alberto Lagna, CTO, Biznology
• An SOA-based eGovernment Solution in Sri Lanka, Mifan Careem, CTO, Respere
• Banking on the WSO2 Platform to Build a SOA Strategy, Diogenes Justo, IT Manager, Banco Indusval & Partners
• Building Self-managing System Using WSO2 BAM and WSO2 CEP, Prajod Vettiyattil, Lead Architect, Wipro Technologies
• A Discussion on the Modern Enterprise IT Management, Richie Etwaru, Director, Group Technology, UBS
• High Performance Cloud Integration Platform, Dipanjan, Sengupta, Principal Architect, Cognizant Technology Solutions
• Promoting Service Re-use with the WSO2 API Management Platform, Chris Haddad, WSO2 vice president of technology evangelism
• Raspberry Pi - WSO2 Style, Afkham Azeez, WSO2 director of architecture; Lakmal Warusawithana, WSO2 software architect; and Sumedha Rubasinghe, WSO2 software architect
• WSO2 Carbon Product Performance and Deployment Topology Sizing, Asanka Abeysinghe, WSO2 director of solutions architecture
• Achieving Agility with WSO2 App Factory, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, WSO2 director of cloud solutions
• WSO2 Architecture Vision: Looking Ahead to Carbon 5 and Stratos 2 and Beyond, Afkham Azeez, WSO2 director of architecture
• Sharpening the Spearpoint: Empowering the Edge Through SOA, Adam Firestone, WSO2 director of defense and government solutions
• Enterprise Identity Management and Security: Patterns and Practices, Prabath Siriwardena, WSO2 senior software architect
• Scalable Persistent Message Brokering with WSO2 Message Broker, Dr. Srinath Perera, WSO2 senior software architect
• Expanding your Business with APIs, Sumedha Rubasinghe, WSO2 software architect
• WSO2 Carbon 4.0.0 Kernel Design and Architecture, Sameera Jayasoma, WSO2 senior technical lead
• Integrating People to Workflows and Applications with Human Tasks, Nandika Jayawardana, WSO2 senior technical lead
• Running Operations for Carbon and Stratos, Chamith Kumarage, WSO2 associate technical lead
• Enabling a Data-driven Agile Business, Tharindu Mathew, WSO2 associate technical lead
• Developing Enterprise Applications with the WSO2 Application Platform, Nuwan Bandara, WSO2 associate technical lead, and Anjana Fernando, WSO2 associate technical lead
• Introducing the WSO2 Enterprise Integration Platform, Miyuru Wanninayaka, WSO2 senior software engineer
• Enterprise Governance with WSO2 Governance Registry and More, Senaka Fernando, WSO2 technical lead
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit http://wso2.com, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and FriendFeed.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.