Welcome to the new Press Releases forum! Our old press release system has been retired but we've moved everything and everyone to a new, shinier home. Enjoy!
A press release must be written for the purpose of announcing something newsworthy. Advertisements, promotions, or anything smelling even vaguely of spam will be deleted. All press releases must be relevant to the development community.
What’s new in this release?
We are happy to announce the release of Aspose.Tasks for .NET 5.4.0. With this month’s release, Aspose.Tasks for .NET now supports loading Microsoft Project Template (MPT) files which enable users to create project from constructor using template as parameter. Now Project’s constructor can be used to create project from templates and read existing projects as well, avoiding usage of ProjectReader. In this month’s release, we have added enhancements to the Gantt chart rendering by providing the option to roll up Gantt bars that marks any summary task in the project by its visible subtasks. In addition, we have also provided the facility to avoid marking non-working time on Gantt chart. The rendering process has also been enhanced to allow printing/hiding of legends on each page. We have also added additional task constraints in this month’s release which include StartNoEarlierThan, FinishNoEarlierThan, MustStartOn, and MustFinishOn task constraints. Loading Microsoft. This month’s release also includes a number of bug fixes related to XML output, where unnecessary data was present as compared to the output by MSP, identifying external tasks, incorrect duration while rendering Gantt chart, and custom fields. Below is the complete list of new features and important bug fixes included in this release.
- Microsoft Project MPT templates support.
- More options in Gantt Chart Image rendering
- Project Rendering option without Legends on Each page in new Rendering Technique
- Add support for different types of TaskConstraints.
- Difference in percentage calculation (resource allocation and task completion) when date = 'NA' in constraint
- Some unexpected elements in XML output.
- Export to XML by Aspose.Tasks differs from export by MS Project - some extra data was added.
- [CustomAttributes] enhanced reading some attributes from MPP
- [Gantt Chart Rendering] Duration field returns incorrect data is fixed
- [Custom Fields] Cost field ignores point '.' from decimal values is fixed
- External tasks cannot be identified by IsExternalTask property of Aspose.Tasks.Task
- Custom fields of date type that uses lookup table does not returns date value
- Project Reading Exception while reading the MPP file
- Could not retrieve Enterprise Custom Fields information from 2010 MPP
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Tasks for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Tasks for performing different tasks like the followings.
Overview: Aspose.Tasks for .NET
Aspose.Tasks is a non-graphical .NET Project management component that enables .NET applications to read, write and manage Project documents without utilizing Microsoft Project. With Aspose.Tasks you can read and change tasks, recurring tasks, resources, resource assignments, relations and calendars. Aspose.Tasks is a very mature product that offers stability and flexibility. As with all of the Aspose file management components, Aspose.Tasks works well with both WinForm and WebForm applications.
More about Aspose.Tasks for .NET
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - The .NET and Java component
modified 21-May-13 2:20am.
General News Suggestion Question Bug Answer Joke Praise Rant Admin
Use Ctrl+Left/Right to switch messages, Ctrl+Up/Down to switch threads, Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right to switch pages.