Welcome to the new Press Releases forum! Our old press release system has been retired but we've moved everything and everyone to a new, shinier home. Enjoy!
A press release must be written for the purpose of announcing something newsworthy. Advertisements, promotions, or anything smelling even vaguely of spam will be deleted. All press releases must be relevant to the development community.
What’s new in this release?
We are pleased to announce the release of Aspose.Tasks for Java 6.8.0. This month’s release further empowers Aspose.Tasks users to render project data to multiple individual image files, which was not possible with earlier versions of the API. The setSaveToSeparateFiles method of the ImageSaveOptions class allows developers to save project data to separate files. In addition, the getPages() method of ImageSaveOptions returns a list of page numbers to save when saving Project layouts to separate files. OpenProj, also known as ProjectLibre, is an open source project management tool that can export project data to XML format. Previously, the Aspose.Tasks API lacked support for reading the output XML files. However, we are pleased to share that this month’s release supports reading XML files created by OpenProj. Rendering time scale information to output formats is already supported by Aspose.Tasks API. However, the feature didn’t include the time scale count information. This month’s release further enhances this rendering capability by providing the facility to set time scale count for a Project. The TimeScaleTier class’s setCount() method can be used to achieve this. This month’s release also introduces a new feature: configuring the Gantt chart view to display custom fields by default in Microsoft Project. Each time the file is opened in MSP, the saved columns settings are displayed to the user. This can be achieved by customizing a project’s table data. Below is the complete list of new features and important bug fixes included in this release.
- Print each/selected page of a Project to PNG/JPEG
- Option to read timescale data from source xml/mpp and make effective in output image/pdf file
- Configure Gantt Chart view by showing selected custom fields when opened in MSP
- Add reading support of XML files created by OpenProj.
- Investigate compatibility issue of DLL with Delphi Prism XE 1, with Visual 2010 or with RemObjects 3.0
- PrePopulate dates while rendering project data to PDF similar to MSP
- Option to set Timescale count
- Review and update project data reading/writing summary
- Implement Tables data writing to mpp
- Read TimescaleStart, TimescaleFinish values from mpp 2003-13 files
- Implement recalculation of tasks with splits.
- Implement Task.IsPublished flag reading/writing for mpp 2007-2013.
- Implement CanSplitInProgressTasks flag writing to mpp 2003-2013.
- Implement Tables data writing to 2010-13 mpp formats
- Implement Tables data writing to 2007 mpp format
- Implement Tables data writing to 2003 mpp format
- Debug splits recalculation.
- Refactor rescheduling to move splits and dates.
- Imeplement splits recalculation.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Tasks for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Tasks for performing different tasks like the followings.
Overview: Aspose.Tasks for Java
Aspose.Tasks is a non-graphical Java Project management component that enables Java applications to read, write & manage Project documents without utilizing MS Project. It supports reading MS Project Template (MPT) files as well as allows exporting project data to HTML, BMP, PNG, JPEG, PDF, TIFF, XPS, XAML and SVG formats. It reads & writes MS Project documents in both MPP & XML formats. Developers can read & change tasks, recurring tasks, resources, resource assignments, relations & calendars.
More about Aspose.Tasks for Java
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - The .NET and Java component
General News Suggestion Question Bug Answer Joke Praise Rant Admin
Use Ctrl+Left/Right to switch messages, Ctrl+Up/Down to switch threads, Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right to switch pages.