|Half-day interactive workshops will explore how teams can improve business performance by aggregating and streaming big data from IoT devices and other information feeds
Mountain View, CA – July 8, 2014 – Today, enterprise teams seek to gain a competitive edge by acting on strategic and tactical intelligence recommendations to strengthen business performance, revenue growth, and customer service. WSO2 will present two workshops that explore how organizations can gain deeper, just-in-time insights through big data captured from Internet of Things (IoT) devices and other information feeds.
The half-day “Big Data Streams, Small Internet Things, and Enterprise Dream Team” workshops being held in two cities in July:
• London, Tuesday, July 15, 2014, from 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. To register, visit http://wso2.com/events/workshops/2014-july-london-big-data-streams-small-internet-things-and-enterprise-dream-team-workshop
• Houston, Thursday, July 17, 2014, from 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. To register, visit http://wso2.com/events/workshops/2014-july-houston-big-data-streams-small-internet-things-and-enterprise-dream-team-workshop
Gaining a Competitive Edge By Delivering Big Data Streams
The workshop will explore how to enable a more adaptive business by creating big data activity streams, triggering events, and delivering contextual data that has been captured from intelligent controllers within a multitude of IoT devices and connected business information feeds—including clearinghouses, ad networks, and weather services, to name a few.
This solution architecture workshop will describe how leading enterprises are structurally improving business performance, revenue growth, and customer service by delivering big data streaming solutions containing big data repositories, complex event processing (CEP), adaptive workflow triggers, and dashboards. The workshop will explore best practices by guiding attendees through proof-of-concept demonstrations, real-world use cases, architecture reference diagrams, and facilitated discussion. Additionally, participants will have the opportunity to describe their scenarios, ask questions, and learn from WSO2 experts and their peers.
Key topics will include:
• Why businesses are shifting from static workflows to adaptive business activities triggered by big data streams and events
• Why teams are building business solutions around business activity stream events and contextual data
• What architectural components deliver complex temporal pattern matching, big data discovery, accessible APIs, and real-time notifications
• How IT teams are reshaping business interactions, connecting things and streams, and enhancing business performance
• How to define proof of concept (POC) project success metrics and infrastructure cost
• How to spin up a business activity monitoring (BAM) and CEP environment feeding user dashboards and triggering adaptive workflows
London presenter Paul Fremantle is WSO2 co-founder and CTO, and he is co-chair of the OASIS Web Services Reliable eXchange Technical Committee. Recognized by InfoWorld as a Top 25 CTO, Paul was responsible for simultaneously leading development of the groundbreaking WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus and Apache Synapse ESB. Paul has played a pioneering role in open source development, beginning with the original Apache SOAP project and his role in leading IBM's involvement in the Axis C/C++ project. Paul is a member of the Apache Software Foundation, and he previously served as vice president of the Apache Synapse project.
Houston presenter Chris Haddad is vice president of platform evangelism at WSO2. Chris works closely with developers, architects, and C-level executives, as well as WSO2's engineering team, to increase adoption of WSO2 open source technology, improve the middleware platform, and maximize customer value. Prior to joining WSO2, Chris led research teams as a research vice president at the Burton Group and Gartner advising Fortune 500 enterprise organizations and technology infrastructure vendors on adoption strategies, architecture, product selection, governance, and organizational alignment.
WSO2 delivers on the promise of the connected business with the only completely integrated enterprise platform that enables businesses to build, integrate and manage their APIs, applications, and Web services on-premises, in the cloud, and on mobile devices. Leading enterprise customers worldwide rely on WSO2’s award-winning 100% open source platform and its robust governance and DevOps functionality for their mission-critical applications. Today, these businesses represent nearly every sector: health, financial, retail, logistics, manufacturing, travel, technology, telecom and more. Visit http://wso2.com to learn more, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.