You have to comply with a lot of statutory regulation and registration. But getting all and starting a business is impossible in India, atleast in my place, kerala. You go ahead with some of the few below and comply with others as you grow up.
1. You can get a MSME registration from DIC (District Industries Center). This will help you fetch locations in software parks, subsidized electricity bills. You can also avail investment subsidy. This will be of the tune of around 10-20% of your investments.
2. You must a registration from the Local Administration. (Corporation, Municipality, Panchayath)etc
3. If you plan to employee, then you have to comply with ESI & PF
4. If you will be have large turnovers then you will have to take a Service Tax Registration
5. If you wish to sell your softwares in CD, or other object then you will also have to take a Sales Tax Registration
6. You will have to take a current account in Bank, if you wish to have some foreign remmitance or sales.
7. You can take IE code from DGFT for exporting your softwares. You will be able claim income tax benefits, lot of other benefits.
8. Else you come down to Kerala and do a enquiry at our startup village, rest will be taken care of...
The Best Religion is Science.
Once you understand it, you will know God.