Welcome to the new Press Releases forum! Our old press release system has been retired but we've moved everything and everyone to a new, shinier home. Enjoy!
A press release must be written for the purpose of announcing something newsworthy. Advertisements, promotions, or anything smelling even vaguely of spam will be deleted. All press releases must be relevant to the development community.
What's New in this Release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Slides for Java (14.6.0) has been released. Now, it is possible to set the presentation view type for a saved presentation when it is opened in Microsoft PowerPoint. For more details about how to use this feature, please visit the documentation article Save Presentation with Predefined View Type. We have also introduced support for cloning or copying shapes within presentation slides, one of the most frequently requested features. Now, it is possible to replicate shapes from a source slide by adding or inserting them into a target slide’s shape collection. For more details about shape cloning, please visit the documentation article Cloning Shapes in Slides. We have also made good improvements in the charts section. One can add error bars for MSO charts using Aspose.Slides. Please visit the documentation article, Adding Error Bars for Charts, for further information. We have resolved certain presentation access as wells as saving issues along with PDF export issues that resulted in different types of exception messages in earlier product releases. We have enhanced the rendering support in this release as well and have rectified rendering issues with different chart entities, other text elements and shapes inside generated thumbnails and PDF files. A list of resolved issues can be found inside product release notes inside download section. We have made several enhancements to the new API. Please visit the documentation article Public API and Backwards Incompatible Changes in Aspose.Slides for Java 14.6.0 for further reference. Some important enhancement & bug fixes included in this release are given below
- Support for removing LayoutSlideEx from MasterSlideEx
- Add shapes cloning feature
- Support to determine if ODP presentations are password protected without loading them
- Setting slide view type for presentation
- Support Error Bars in Charts
- Aspose.Slides fails if access is restricted to a directory
- Exception is resolved for cloning slide master
- Top of logo cutting in the generated PDF file is resolved
- Error are resolved for converting PPTX to PDF
- Chart walls fill color missing is fixed when converting PPTX to PDF
- Down-bars missing are resolved in the chart when converting PPTX to PDF
- Exception is resolved for converting PPTX to PDF
- Exception is resolved for generating PDF file from PPTX filee
- Issue is resolved with using Split functionality for PowerPoint presentation
- Chart missing is fixed in generated slide thumbnails
- FillFormat.getGradientFillAngle gives the wrong angle value is now fixed
- Text improperly rendered in generated PDF is now fixed
- utf8mb4 characters inside presentation were improperly rendered in saved presentation and are now fixed
- Presentation gets corrupted on changing the master slide text is now fixed
- OutOfMemoryError are fixed on generating the slide thumbnail in Mac environment
- OutOfMemoryError is fixed for generating the slide thumbnail in Mac environment
- Major Horizontal Grid lines appearance in Bar charts is fixed for exported PDF
- The hyperlink lost in exported PDF is now fixed
- Chart improperly rendered in exported PDF is now fixed
- Big font size in thumbnails in Linux environment is now fixed
- Setting individual gradient colors for table cells now properly working
- Chart background appeared as white in generated PDF is now fixed
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Slides for Java documentation that may guide youl briefly how to use Aspose.Slides for performing different tasks like the followings.
Overview: Aspose.Slides for Java
Aspose.Slides is a Java component to create, read, write and modify a PowerPoint document without using Microsoft PowerPoint. It supports PHP applications and provides all advanced features for managing presentations, slides, shapes, tables and supports PPT, POT, POS PowerPoint formats. Now you can add, access, copy, clone, edit and delete slides in your presentations. It also supports audio & video frames, adding pictures, text frames and saving presentations as streams or SVG format.
More about Aspose.Slides for Java
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - Your File Format Experts
General News Suggestion Question Bug Answer Joke Praise Rant Admin
Use Ctrl+Left/Right to switch messages, Ctrl+Up/Down to switch threads, Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right to switch pages.