Welcome to the new Press Releases forum! Our old press release system has been retired but we've moved everything and everyone to a new, shinier home. Enjoy!
A press release must be written for the purpose of announcing something newsworthy. Advertisements, promotions, or anything smelling even vaguely of spam will be deleted. All press releases must be relevant to the development community.
What’s new in this release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Cells for Java 8.2.1 has been released. Microsoft Excel application allows the user to save spreadsheets to different formats corresponding to the application versions such as Microsoft Excel version 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013. This information is embedded in the spreadsheet, and can be used for version identification. Aspose.Cells for Java now provides the means to get and set this information with the BuiltInDocumentPropertyCollection.Version property. Check the detailed article in the product documentation section on Getting the Version Number of the Application that Created the Excel Document. Before the release of Aspose.Cells for Java 8.2.2, retrieving the Worksheet instance from the Chart object was not possible. The latest version has made this possible by exposing the Worksheet property for the Chart class. Please check the usage scenario below and the detailed article on Getting Worksheet of a Chart. The latest release of Aspose.Cells for Java 8.2.2 has fixed numerous problems, and the most notable of these includes, enhanced the overall performance of the Aspose.Cells API, tweaked the Worksheet2Image & Chart2Image rendering mechanisms, improved the Formula Engine to correct issues related to AVERAGEID, SUMPRODUCT & INDIRECT functions and several others. This release includes plenty of improved features and bug fixes as listed below
- AppVersion xml tag found inside the docProps/app.xml is needed
- Get Worksheet of a Chart
- Aspose.Cells hangs while loading a particular file
- Performance - improve reading phase of workbook to load it more quickly
- Fixed: Image gets cut when shape is rendered
- Named range issue - MS Excel prompts "Excel found unreadable content..." error when opening the output file into it is now fixed
- XLS File format - Extract Excel integer as String to avoid ".0"
- Workbook.calculateFormula() - Number rounding problem is now resolved
- Incorrect value is corrected for AverageIf after calling Workbook.calculateFormula() method
- Combining workbooks into a single workbook corrupts the output workbook is fixed in this release.
- Hyperlink to a file with space in filename does not work
- Pdf Ole Object becomes image after combining workbooks is now fixed
- SUMPRODUCT with Multiple INDIRECT Functions calculates the Formula as #VALUE is fixed
- Problem with Sparkline is resolved when merging two workbooks
- Incorrect formula value is fixed after calling Workbook.calculateFormula
- External Hyperlink issues is fixed and now work for XLSX format
- Formulas are now calculated correctly by Aspose.Cells
- Transition formula evaluation issue is resolved
- Workbook is broken after save is now fixed
- Row.getHeight now gives correct value with hidden column
- Issue due to input value more than 32K in a cell is now fixed
- Graphlines for chart datapoints are now connected in rendered PDF
- Chart's footnotes appearance is resolved after resaving workbook
- Unwanted Chart Axis values rendered in the PDF is fixed
- Incorrect rendering of long lines are fixed in chart legend
- Chart's series marks/ data labels issue is resolved when rendering to an image file
- Pie chart section lines issue is fixed and nowvmeet correctly in the middle
- Missing elements are resolved when extracting complex charts
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
Overview: Aspose.Cells for Java
Aspose.Cells is a Java component for spreadsheet reporting without using Microsoft Excel. Other features include creating spreadsheets, opening encrypted excel files, macros, VBA, unicode, formula settings, pivot tables, importing data from JDBC ResultSet and support of CSV, SpreadsheetML, PDF, ODS and all file formats from Excel 97 to Excel 2007. It is compatible with Windows, Linux & Unix and supports all advanced features of data management, formatting, worksheet, charting and graphics
More about Aspose.Cells for Java
Suite 119, 272 Victoria Avenue
Chatswood, NSW, 2067
Aspose - The .NET and Java component
General News Suggestion Question Bug Answer Joke Praise Rant Admin
Use Ctrl+Left/Right to switch messages, Ctrl+Up/Down to switch threads, Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right to switch pages.