Welcome to the new Press Releases forum! Our old press release system has been retired but we've moved everything and everyone to a new, shinier home. Enjoy!
A press release must be written for the purpose of announcing something newsworthy. Advertisements, promotions, or anything smelling even vaguely of spam will be deleted. All press releases must be relevant to the development community.
What’s new in this release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Cells for Java 8.3.0 has been released. It provides support for exporting charts in Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) format, an XML-based vector image format for two-dimensional graphics which supports interactivity and animation. Please read the detailed article in on saving charts to SVG in the documentation section. Aspose.Cells for Java 8.3.0 has added several properties that could enable developers to track and manipulate a workbook file’s state. It has added a getter/setter for the property Shape.Id to help developers identify each shape object in a spreadsheet. This property also helps them to uniquely identify the Chart objects in a spreadsheet as demonstrated on the blog announcement page. This latest release has fixed numerous problems, and the most notable of these enhancements includes, enhanced PDF rendering engine to address a few visual problems, tweaked the chart rendering mechanism, improved the Formula Engine to address a few issues related to the NOW & RATE functions, Addressed a few issues related to the color pallets. This release has made sure that Aspose.Cells for Java generated PDF/A-1b files passes the preflight compliance test. This release includes plenty of improved features and bug fixes as listed below
- Increase performance by caching the prepared MessageFormat object
- Remove or cache MessageFormat/DecimalFormat.format() to improve performance
- Remove XLA references
- Fixed Chart bars issues for the negative values loses color when spreadsheet is saved by Aspose.Cells
- Fixed: rror in calculating cells - exception on calculating formula
- Fixed: formatted number is rendered as blank
- Textbox text issue is fixed and now included inside the chart image
- Excel function NOW() was not working in Russian setting is now fixed
- Color.getBlack().equals(Color.getEmpty()) was returns true. It is fixed
- DateTime value is fixed and now read in correct format
- Fixed issue: XLA reference was not removed correctly by ExternalLink.setDataSource
- XLSX file is corrupted after re-saving the file via Aspose.Cells APIs is now fixed
- Chart axis steps broke after copying worksheet is now fixed
- Changing the Workbook Color Pallet while saving the XLSX to XLS causes the MS Excel to open the resultant spreadsheet in protected view is now fixed
- Losing quotes for certain Named Ranges is now fixed
- Cells.copyRows() method is fixed & now copying sparklines in the XLSX file format.
- Text formatting issue is resolved while reading the cells' styles
- Getting #VALUE! error when using RATE function is now fixed
- Hidden series inside the legend appears again after copying worksheet is fixed.
- Chart axis steps broke when workbook re-saved is now resolved
- Copy Pasted Picture issues is fixed and now Rendering in the PDF
- Fixed: Aspose.Cells generated PDF does not pass the PDF/A-1b compliance test
- Aspose.Cells Generated PD/ A-1b document fails the Preflight validation is fixed
- PDF document is broken and cannot be opened in Acrobat Reader after converting from Excel template file is now corrected
- ClipArt’s do not appear in pdf is now fixed
- Compliance PDF/A-1b failed with Adobe Preflight
- User-defined Chart Series Names are empty
- Charts Titles are messed up
- Data Separator of Stacked Column Chart has different thickness while rendering Spreadsheet to PDF format
- Columns of the chart are overlapping with bottom axis while rendering spreadsheet to PDF format
- Bar Chart has extra vertical lines on right of the bars when rendered as PDF
- Chart's Data Label is Trimmed Off in the rendered PDF
- Chart's Axis Labels & Legend are Overlapping in the rendered PDF
- Text boxes are lost from the chart
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
Overview: Aspose.Cells for Java
Aspose.Cells is a Java component for spreadsheet reporting without using Microsoft Excel. Other features include creating spreadsheets, opening encrypted excel files, macros, VBA, unicode, formula settings, pivot tables, importing data from JDBC ResultSet and support of CSV, SpreadsheetML, PDF, ODS and all file formats from Excel 97 to Excel 2007. It is compatible with Windows, Linux & Unix and supports all advanced features of data management, formatting, worksheet, charting and graphics
More about Aspose.Cells for Java
Suite 119, 272 Victoria Avenue
Chatswood, NSW, 2067
Aspose - The .NET and Java component
General News Suggestion Question Bug Answer Joke Praise Rant Admin
Use Ctrl+Left/Right to switch messages, Ctrl+Up/Down to switch threads, Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right to switch pages.